Heater gone weak - Page 2 - Air-Con / Heating (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Heater gone weak

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#11 DavePage

DavePage

Man in a Jag

• Members
  • 15051 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:27 PM

When fitting the pollen filter, just be very careful of one thing. When you take the grille bit off the passenger side, at the bottom of the winscreen you will see some spacer clip thingies - when putting the grille back on make sure you dont knock any of these. I replaced a pollen filter on my old MK2 and a few days later when the temperature dropped a big crack appeared so something must have got knocked when I was putting the grille back on (or maybe taking it off). £50 and a new windscreen later, it was fixed (just thank god I had fully comp with windscreen cover). Theres no reason why this should happen to you, but just bear it in mind :L
Jaguar X-Type 2.0D SE Estate - Winter Gold
Kit includes Champagne Leather, Touch-screen Nav with Bluetooth Phone and 6-Disc Changer.
- garage entry to come when its been added to the list

Mondeo
TDDi Ghia (Sold 6/12/2008) - Hyundai Accent 1.3 (to be replaced)

[b]Dave P 'mostly' Rock Show
off air
[b]Click Here to listen when broadcasting

#12 icedune

icedune

Big Megger

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:40 AM

UPDATE: Put the new filter in - the old one was black, full of feathers and looked like the original Ford one! Made a big difference - thanks for all the help.

I've heard a few people mention the crack up the windscreen following a pollen filter change (mainly MK1 from the sound of things) - cheers for the warning! I guess the windscreen must have to have an existing weakness to crack like that?
Mondeo Mk2 1.8 Zetec
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Blasting down the M40 with the stereo set to 11

#13 bigi

bigi

Conversmod & Powermod UK Install & Support

• Members
  • 1290 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

The windscreen cracking is actually on a ford service bulletin - it is down to the supports at the bottom of the windscreen causing a stress fracture. when the scuttle panels are replaced it seems to trigger the problem :angryfire:

ConversMod and PowerMod UK installer.  Mileage correction, module recovery and Mod advice available via PM and forum.  Here to help!

#14 bigi

bigi

Conversmod & Powermod UK Install & Support

• Members
  • 1290 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

...And surprise surprise i've just gone outside to move my car in work to find a big crack in the windscreen has appeared in the last 3 hours - no temp change, and the pollen filter was done about 6 weeks ago :angryfire:

What's even more annoying is the screen was only replaced 2 months before I bought the car - anyone reckon i could get any comeback from the place that installed it or should I just bite the bullet and claim a new one?

ConversMod and PowerMod UK installer.  Mileage correction, module recovery and Mod advice available via PM and forum.  Here to help!