Mk3 - Adding Switches - Electrical (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mk3 - Adding Switches

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 dazedconfused

dazedconfused

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 1706 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:56 PM

I love my Mondeo, but REALLY HATE that stupid storage hole in front of the gear stick. So I thought I might just put the heated seats switch in there so it doesn't look so stupid. Will this work ok?

Also, is is possible to buy the ESP switch for beside the boot release switch? I would like to use this for turning on and off some front parking sensors.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gareth
2005 TDCi Saloon, Stardust Silver (NOW SOLD)

#2 thelongmile

thelongmile

It was 49.95

• Members
  • 10123 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:58 PM

shouldnt be any problem with buying the switch at all, not too hard to wire up. front parking sensors is a brilliant idea

do some cars come with this or have you added them yourself
Outlaw - BMW 120d Sport - FINALLY GONE!

2.2 2007 (56) Titanium X TDCi - Gone! But not forgotten!

Ford Fair 2008 Slideshow | thelongmile.net | follow me on twitter

New to the forum? For the love of god use the bloody search button! Click HERE!

#3 dazedconfused

dazedconfused

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 1706 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:08 PM

i'm adding them myself, but more for the GF who just can't park my car at all!

I'm going to put them into the bump strips, 2 on each side, so as not to destroy the bumper by drilling.

Only problem is how to activate them. Rear ones are easy (only on when the reversing lights are on), but front slightly trickier. The websites I've read say they need some sort of switch, and instead of istalling some cheap Halfords switch I thought I might as well fit the ESP switch and have it looking OEM at least.

#4 DJAZS

DJAZS

Knows their stuff

• Members
  • 4507 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

When you remove the little storage tray out of the centre of your dash, the wiring for the heated seat switches is clipped into a 'plug parking bay' on the back of it! With regards to using the ESP switch to activate the front sensors, you would have to check, but I doubt if the switch is latching, so that might complicate things?
2011 Mk4.5 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCi 200PS
With Retro-fitted:Nothing (so far...)
NOW GONE - 2003 Facelift Mk3 Zetec S TDCi
With Retro-fitted:Auto headlights, Rain Sensitive Wipers, OEM Xenon Headlights with self levelling, Touchscreen Sat Nav, Voice Control and Bluetooth, OEM Rear Seat DVD's, remote Power-folding Mirrors, ST rear with OEM parking sensors, ST Interior, OEM submarine lighting, ST spoiler, custom dials, Mk4 Flip key etc...

#5 dazedconfused

dazedconfused

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 1706 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

hmmm, may have to concoct somne sort of bistable latch in that case, shouldn't be tooo difficult, if I can remember back to my uni days!

So the heated seats wiring is most likely there on a Facelift mondeo? Interesting. I was only going to add dummy switches to fill the hole in the dash, but may have to go the whole hog...

#6 DJAZS

DJAZS

Knows their stuff

• Members
  • 4507 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

So the heated seats wiring is most likely there on a Facelift mondeo? Interesting. I was only going to add dummy switches to fill the hole in the dash, but may have to go the whole hog...

Yes it's all there (well at least it has been on all the ones I've pulled apart!) If you look under your seats there is a huge oblong connector block. Look at the number of wires going into it and then the number coming out of the other side! All the wiring should be there for heating/cooling, and for 8 way electrical adjustment

With Retro-fitted:Auto headlights, Rain Sensitive Wipers, OEM Xenon Headlights with self levelling, Touchscreen Sat Nav, Voice Control and Bluetooth, OEM Rear Seat DVD's, remote Power-folding Mirrors, ST rear with OEM parking sensors, ST Interior, OEM submarine lighting, ST spoiler, custom dials, Mk4 Flip key etc...

#7 DJAZS

DJAZS

Knows their stuff

• Members
  • 4507 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

FINIS Code For Variable Heated Switch is 1117408 £21.16
FINIS Code For Heated Seats Relay is 1226542 £11.88

#8 dazedconfused

dazedconfused

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 1706 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:30 PM

cheers bud!

these 8-way electrically adjustable seats you mentioned, is it just a case of buying the drivers seat, or do they not match the existing seats?

#9 DJAZS

DJAZS

Knows their stuff

• Members
  • 4507 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

Generally the 8 way adjustable seats are on higher spec cars, for example the Ghia X has it on the drivers seat and has height adjustment only on the passenger seat. I think things like ST interiors will have 8 way on both seats. Your best bet would be to look out for a leather interior on ebay or in your local scrap yards, must come from a facelift car though as pre-facelift ones are different

#10 kingkong

kingkong

owner of the cleanest cd132 18 years old going strong

• Members
  • 4218 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

FINIS Code For Variable Heated Switch is 1117408 £21.16
FINIS Code For Heated Seats Relay is 1226542 £11.88

can this be done on the preface?

02 MONDEO ZETEC S V6 SALOON IN STARDUST SILVER SERIES 40OLD ENOUGH TO BE ON AN OLD Y PLATE 18 years old still going strong BUILD DATE TUESDAY EVENING 17JULY TO WEDNESDAY 18JULY 2001 IN GENK BELGIUM NIGHTSHIFT CARVOTED BEST MK3 MONDEO---MEG AWARDS 2009FORD FAIR CONCOURS RUNNER UP 2009FORD FAIR CONCOURS WINNER 2014<p>MY MONDEO DIARY https://www.talkford...-second-coming/