Catalyst NOT required for MOT - Page 11 - Exhausts / Induction (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Catalyst NOT required for MOT

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Steve

• Members
  • 3834 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:30 PM

Unless this has been deferred/revoked, a diesel car which was originally equipped with a cat that has subsequently been removed will fail. That's according to a notice to testers something like 02/14.... does anybody know different?

Of course tester has to know your car was cat equipped and be able to see its not now...

As far as I am aware, with the rules that came that date you mentioned, all cars, petrol or diesel that had cats and/or dpfs fitted when first built, must still have them on, whether it be original spec or sports version.

Saying that, mine still has the decat pipe on and passed all its MOTs, so far (touch wood :whistling: ).

But, when I take it to the garage for service and MOT I am still taking the cat and leaving it with the garage just in case the independant tester they take it to fails the car, that way they can refit and take back the same day.

Mondeo 06 Panther Black tdci 115 Estate lx (becoming more).
Already fitted:
Sony mp3 radio, Uv shades all round, Wind deflectors, Front Fogs, Flyeyes on taillights, Reversing camera and monitor in mirror(homemade setup £35), C-max sunglasses holder, Rear leccy windows and appropriate door cards, Led strips in footwells and boot area, full sized spare, rear courtesy roof light, led indicator strip front and indicator/sidelights and brake, puddle lights, led spot light on towbar, white led strip behind rad grill to come on with sidelights, and a few more besides
Waiting to be fitted
To be decided

#102 siruncle

siruncle

munching bananas

• Global Moderator
  • 19001 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:St150
  • Name:Pete

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

The latest MOT Testers manual states (as a reason for rejection):

A catalytic converter or particulate filter missing where one was fitted as standard

<p><p>From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver, now has company, a 2000 (W) Transit Smiley :) 2.5di (ish), in diamond white, with a blue stripe. (pics coming soon). Also 05 Fiesta St150 in colorado red. This is Ford country, listen quietly and you can hear Vauxhalls rusting :)

#103 SNO BATT

SNO BATT

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

According to a mate of mine who's a tester as long as the cat is there physically then it's not a failure. If u remove the guts from the cat and then bolt it back up then it will pass. Diesels are based on smoke test as long as there's no excessive smoke it's fine :-)

#104 Jim1978

Jim1978

TF regular

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford focus titanium
  • Name:Jim

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:02 AM

Sorry to jump in late on this thread but I wonder if it differs from mot centre to centre. My dad rally drives a racing puma and a few years back when the mot regs changed he had a hell of a job finding somewhere that would mot it as it had no air bags etc. He also had to fit a standard exhaust as 1 - it would fail due to the noise, and 2 - it was fitted with a CAT so needed one or would fail the test. They have since moved miles away but there local test centre said " it's obviously a rally car so as long as it passes the emissions without a cat it will pass".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users