Ford sony stereo - Electrical (Focus Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford sony stereo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris100

Chris100

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk3 focus
  • Name:Chris Guy

Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:20 PM

Hi all
I have a 2012 mk3 focus and the radio has dab but somehow the directory is empty (was working when test drove the car )
Does anyone know how to factory reset it as I've tried pulling the fuse and also disconnected the battery for around 3 hours bit it still remembering the stations pic attached of type of radio it had
Tia

Attached Thumbnails

• Ford-Fiesta-Metal-1-6-TiVCT-Duratec-134PS-Road-Test-Review-by-Oliver-Hammond-DAB-digital-radio-screen-1024x680.jpg.72cbd2c05c97d5828376b0c642eadf85.jpg

Edited by Chris100, 18 April 2021 - 04:36 PM.

#2 Master-of-none

Master-of-none

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 1574 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:1.0 125PS Focus Ti

Posted 18 April 2021 - 06:58 PM

Sorry, having a hard time understanding your problem, there are no stations saved, is that it?

Just a thought, but the <Radio> button steps through AM, AM AST(auto store), FM, FM AST, DAB1 and DAB2

If you were using DAB1 and unknowingly switched to DAB2 where no stations had been saved, it can look blank

Weaselling out of things is important to learn,it's what separates us from the animals Except the weasel

#3 Chris100

Chris100

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk3 focus
  • Name:Chris Guy

Posted 22 April 2021 - 12:24 AM

There are no stations saved on dab1 or dab2 somehow they have disappeared so I'm trying to find out if I can reset the radio

I have disconnected the battery for around 3 hours but all the preset stations are still there

#4 Master-of-none

Master-of-none

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 1574 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:1.0 125PS Focus Ti

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:22 PM

Can you not simply save new stations over the old or empty pre-sets?

It's easier to google the frequency of your favourite stations and use manual tune, as 'scan' starts at the unused frequencies and takes time to get to those in use. When you have a station you want to save, hold the button  for ~5 second and it will store it.

Just tried and I can't delete (and leave blank) pre-sets, so I don't know how you ended up with empty ones. My few (factory empty) DAB pre-sets say "block 5A" using the radio menu.

There is a sort of radio diagnostic page, don't know if it will show any faults, hold the left OK button on the steering wheel and turn on the ignition, release the OK.

The word TEST appears, then you can scroll down through screens of colours and eventually DTC (diagnostic test codes)[mine said none]

Here's a link to what those DTCs may mean

Weaselling out of things is important to learn,it's what separates us from the animals Except the weasel

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users