Retrofitting Parking Aid - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Retrofitting Parking Aid

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marjanoos

marjanoos

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4

Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:12 PM

In the beginning I've just wanted to say hello as I'm new in this forum

I'm happy Mondeo MK4 '07 user for couple months now. Continuously I'm improving some things to have the best version available. Now I want to have original PDC sensors both on the front and in the back and buy Convers+ display with visualization modification. I have some aftermarket sensors, both front and rear. But for the front I have that uggly additional switch, which I have actually broken and need to solder another one to get it working again.

As for the rear sensors it seems easy - I have ready installation (plug under the lower trim and module bracket with three plugs, two orange and one black). The only thing I need to buy are the wiring with sensors + PAM + buzzer. This is about 70 pounds in my country which I can accept.

The tricky part is that I can't find any ready instalation sign under the right headlight for the front sensors. So I assume I need to get additional wiring in the engine room. 

Now there's a questions part and I will be happy if you could answer me:

1. There are 7G92 and 8G92 module versions available for my car. AFAIK 7G92 needs an update to work with convers+ modification and 8G92 doesn't need that? But 8G92 won't work if I don't have front sensors connected? Can I configure that module to work with only rear sensors in the beginning?

2. How difficult is to add necessary wiring for front sensors? I'm not afraid of spend many hours, I'm more afraid if non-mechanic is able to do it. I've wired reverse camera and reverse dash cam by myself (throwing many bad words when trying to pull the wires through rubber connectors).

3. Is that possible that wiring of front sensors is already there, integrated somehow with foglight and headlight? I've taken a photo for your reference.

4. My mechanic told me today that retrofitting oem sensors can't be done right because the brackets won't be sticked properly. Is that true?

I've spent more than 2 days researching the whole internet about that case but there's no satisfying answer for my questions.

Edited by marjanoos, 29 March 2021 - 11:13 PM.

#2 stewby2202

stewby2202

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:51 AM

Can the genuine module be activated at all with IDS, FORscan or elm327, Read somewhere that someone installed these as I have but can not activate the module or get power to it. Would a full battery disconnect and module reset fix it or does the ecu require the file installation to work. 2011 2.0 tdci facelift.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users