MMT6 Gearbox loose 1st and 2nd gear - Transmission / Drivetrain (Mondeo Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

MMT6 Gearbox loose 1st and 2nd gear

mmt6 wobbly gear stick play loose

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Krokogator

Krokogator

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MKIII TDCI

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:59 AM

Hi guys,

I have a question, after engaging into 1st or 2nd gear there is like a 1-2cm of movement left to right. In other gears there is practically no movement at all. The car has TDCI engine with MMT6 gearbox. 

Is it the same in yours and does it point to wear of some elements? Also there is some notchiness between 1st to 3rd gear.

#2 hardy1812

hardy1812

TF regular

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCi
  • Name:Ian

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:24 PM

Not really checked in mine but mine I think has sideways movement,,, goes into gears fine though but she does whine in 1-2-3-4 but is ok in 5-6 but I think that’s because 5-6 n reverse are on a different shaft,,

Is the gearbox oil ok???
Mines been changed twice due to, when I bought it I changed all the fluids, Brake, oil, coolant, power steering, and the second was a new pass side drive shaft and seal,, I wouldn’t say mines notchy but she can be sometimes but I tend to double clutch anyway coz I’m sad 😂😂. Will check in the morning on how much movement,,,,
Could it be synchromesh warn maybe between gears but I don’t know I’m just guessing I’m afraid mate.

#3 Krokogator

Krokogator

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MKIII TDCI

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:12 AM

Gearbox oil is fine, I went for the Castrol 75W FE (the MK4 spec), shifting was a bit easier but also noisier so i went back for genuine Ford 75W-90 BO which makes the gearbox a bit stiffer, but also quieter.

I'm just curious if it's normal that there is sideways movement in 1st and 2nd gear but none in all the others.

#4 hardy1812

hardy1812

TF regular

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:41 PM

Mine defo has movement mate,, I’ll take a vid of mine and see if I can upload it tomorrow,, pretty sure mine moves sideways in every gear to be honest 173k on mine or there abouts

#5 hardy1812

hardy1812

TF regular

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 12:43 PM

POPULAR

Attached File  63698658328__13770B3A-8D6C-410D-950B-AD7E17B80D19.MOV   1.1MB   11 downloads
Video of mine 1-3-5 gears mate
  • Krokogator likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mmt6, wobbly, gear, stick, play, loose

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users