Warning eurocarparts - Page 2 - General Car Talk - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Warning eurocarparts

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Bandit51

Bandit51

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ford
  • Name:Steven

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:15 PM

POPULAR

Hi Guys, so at last someone has noticed that these thieving backsliding wallet robbing bar stewards are about, I cottoned on to them years ago when I first started cabbing I used them a lot and found that what appeared to be cheap branded parts were in fact knock offs of the originals, point in case what was allegedly a Pierburg EGR valve was sold to me in a plain white box, I was told thats why they were cheap as they had no printing on the box, what a crock, then we had the HID bulb deal, Osram D1S bulbs for about half the price they were anywhere else after I bought them their supplier appeared on Rogue traders after he had been spun and nicked trading standards did some tests on these bulbs which had a propensity to spontaneously combust, funny that the deal ended right there and the warranty on the bulbs withdrawn.

The final straw for me was when my daughters Fiesta thermostat jammed shut on a Sunday before she was heading back to uni Monday morning, so I did the click and collect got it and whizzed back to fit it, great except that water poured out of the sides of the housing because there was no seal and no wax stat just a straight through pipe, took it off and back to ECP, checked the replacement it was the same in fact the next four were all the same, their solution was pay an extra twenty quid for a different brand which I did as I was desperate, got my daughter off Monday then phoned my local Ford agent to find they were actually a tenner cheaper for OE but they were not open on a Sunday, you only have to look at the list of directors to see what you are dealing with.

Regards Steve.

• malford likes this

#12 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5328 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:04 PM

Well done anyway.
It's pretty rife these day's, even more so since covid. Loads of swines jumping on the bandwagon. Amazon is another prime (no pun intended) example with.increasing prices.
I was desperate for a printer couple of weeks ago for less than £100. Non at Argos or Currys etc etc. Amazon had stock of an HP one at £89.99.
Just about to order it and my mate phoned me up. HP themselves were selling it direct at £49.00 so ordered from there.
It is now also available from Argos at £49.00
Again I bet loads of people just buy off Amazon just because it's so easy, but don't check their prices

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#13 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12936 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:13 AM

POPULAR

Well done anyway.
It's pretty rife these day's, even more so since covid. Loads of swines jumping on the bandwagon. Amazon is another prime (no pun intended) example with.increasing prices.
I was desperate for a printer couple of weeks ago for less than £100. Non at Argos or Currys etc etc. Amazon had stock of an HP one at £89.99.
Just about to order it and my mate phoned me up. HP themselves were selling it direct at £49.00 so ordered from there.
It is now also available from Argos at £49.00
Again I bet loads of people just buy off Amazon just because it's so easy, but don't check their prices

We had to get a replacement printer quickly within the last week.

The printer we got is normally £40, but due to the increase of printer use during lockdown hardly any shops had many printers in stock.

We ended up paying £60 for it, but at least it comes with three months free ink, so that is the equivalent of £30 off the price.

Some sellers online were selling the same model for £80, with one or two sellers selling it for over £200.

• TreborB likes this
You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#14 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 29176 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 05 March 2021 - 03:08 PM

Anything tech is still priced stupidly. I wanted the new Ryzen CPU's last Oct/Nov but they all

sold instantly. I bought the previous generation CPU instead.

Built a similar system for my nephew and he was stuck for a video card, luckily I

still had a fairly decent one but he had no choice but to have nothing or spend

£1649 on a stupid RTX3090. Total overkill for his use but nothing else

was available except RTX3080's for similar money on ebay etc.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#15 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 3013 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 C Max 1.6TDCi
  • Name:Mike

Posted 05 March 2021 - 03:12 PM

It's happening across the whole mail order spectrum and also some click-and-collect merchants. Facebook is filling up with ads from food firms selling boxes of bargains(???) at inflated prices. A local shop was doing me a favour and delivering, but at a price. Meduim chicken - £12, sausages at £1 each to name but a couple.  Just wait till lockdown eases and see the prices come down. As for Euro I have ceased buying from them and getting bits locally.

#16 HaggisCatcher

HaggisCatcher

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2 sport
  • Name:Dave

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:42 AM

POPULAR

Wow nice post

i used to trust them and just buy whatever i needed as they always had what seemed to be a good discount code on the site

I'll be double checking prices from now on

You've probably saved me a good few quid with this post

Also i didnt know about carparts4less, so i'll be checking them too

Thanks for the info guys

ps, i also use pentland components for stuff

• TreborB likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users