Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Ford Granada Mk2 Estate Boot Size/Capacity

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  riber3 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

Can anyone please tell me the capacity of the Mk2 Granada Estate boot size? as it does look bigger than a Mondeo estate lol!! as I have just come across one that I might be interested in.

#2 ·
Mondeo is longer wider and taller, how much depends on which Mondeo.

I wouldn't have thought someone looking for a Mondeo would be looking

at MK2 Granada's.

Bootsize in physical length/width and height or measuring between the

arches and additional gaps?

#3 ·
T

Mondeo is longer wider and taller, how much depends on which Mondeo.

I wouldn't have thought someone looking for a Mondeo would be looking

at MK2 Granada's.

Bootsize in physical length/width and height or measuring between the

arches and additional gaps?
Thanks for the reply, all I want to know is the boot capacity and apologies if I wasn't precise enough to compare it to the boot size of a MARK 3 Mondeo Estate.and just because something seems smaller on the outside doesn't mean it is not bigger or equivalent on the inside.

Have you heard of Doctor Who's TARDIS lol!! and by the way I didn't realize I was restricted to only looking for or owning 1 type of car

#4 ·
you will be lucky to find info on the Mk2 Granada boot capacity. i found it for the saloon version but not the Estate. the saloon is 200 litres less than a mk4 Mondeo hatch, if that gives you any idea. having owned a mk2 and mk3 Granada, mk1, 2 and 4 Mondeo (all Saloon or Hatch forms, NOT Estate) i can state that the Mondeo beats the Granada hands down on boot space. the mk1 Mondeo (estate) wasnt far removed from the Mk2 Granada in Estate form (i have seen both) in boot capacity and the mk3 was a LOT bigger. mk3/4 Mondeo are physically as big/bigger than the mk3 Granada externally (which was itself bigger than the mk2) and to be fair, finding a decent mk2 Granada for the same/similar money to a mk3 Mondeo is near impossible

#5 ·
you will be lucky to find info on the Mk2 Granada boot capacity. i found it for the saloon version but not the Estate. the saloon is 200 litres less than a mk4 Mondeo hatch, if that gives you any idea. having owned a mk2 and mk3 Granada, mk1, 2 and 4 Mondeo (all Saloon or Hatch forms, NOT Estate) i can state that the Mondeo beats the Granada hands down on boot space. the mk1 Mondeo (estate) wasnt far removed from the Mk2 Granada in Estate form (i have seen both) in boot capacity and the mk3 was a LOT bigger. mk3/4 Mondeo are physically as big/bigger than the mk3 Granada externally (which was itself bigger than the mk2) and to be fair, finding a decent mk2 Granada for the same/similar money to a mk3 Mondeo is near impossible
Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the enlightening Information I had a fair few Fords over the years but never a Granny. I was recently offered one but since we go camping I have been considering buying something a bit retro.

In fact thinking about boot spaces I used to get quite a bit more in an old Maxi compared to the Mk4 Cortina estate I had for a bit. But you are right there is not a lot of info on Granada Estates anymore!!

Again many thanks for your time and help. I think I might be reconsidering what my next buy will be!!!

#6 ·
The information is around for most things, car bibles with car specific data that spans

decades in each book. Mobility books with data on which vehicles were suitable for

various products.

Always on the lookout for old literature. Old Lucas catalogues that showed which

cars shared various parts. Quite informative.

Yeah im that sad. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.