No ignition - help a newbe - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

No ignition - help a newbe

ignition

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 copo1968

copo1968

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Titanium X
  • Name:Neil Copsey

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:05 PM

Hi Gurus

Last week i went out to my 2010 Mondeo Titanium X 2ltr diesel, car unlocked as normal, lights, radio, etc came on but nothing on the ignition, just the Ford logo, no battery lights, no other lights that normally come on to state the car is in ignition mode and then completely nothing when the clutch depressed and button was pressed, no clicking or dimming of the lights, just nothing, got out to jump in the wife's car went to lock the Mondeo on the fob and the car would not lock, the lights flash and locks unlock on the unlock button but nothing on the lock button.

Left it until yesterday, jumped it off the wife's car and it started ok, put in a new starter and replaced the fob batteries and its made no difference, tried to start it off the wife's can again and no difference, the only thing that has changed is it now states Low Battery on the ignition but new battery is reading 12.4v and 13.6 when connected to the wife's car.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ignition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users