EGR fault codes after new DPF and EGR valve (code P0490 and p1335) - Diesel Engines (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

EGR fault codes after new DPF and EGR valve (code P0490 and p1335)

egr dpf dtc p0490 p1335

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 steffenbk

steffenbk

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ford mondeo
  • Name:Steffen

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:29 PM

I had a trouble with p2263 turbo dtc code. I took my car down to the mechanic to get a diagnostic, they said i had a faulty EGR valve and a DPF filter that needed to be replaced(would not work with a dpf cleaning they said). I had them swap the DPF but i change the EGR valve on my own today. But now i get more fault codes on my scanner(using forscan) than previous. 

P0490 - EGR A Control Circuit High

P1335 - EGR Position Sensor Minimum Stop Performance

Edited by steffenbk, 26 February 2021 - 06:50 PM.

#2 Bandit51

Bandit51

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ford
  • Name:Steven

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:10 PM

Hi did you do the relearn values on the EGR after you fitted it that can be done with Forscan it helps the new unit learn its values.

#3 steffenbk

steffenbk

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:18 PM

Hi did you do the relearn values on the EGR after you fitted it that can be done with Forscan it helps the new unit learn its values.

i cant seem to find such a feature in "service procedures" 

i did the "reset EGR valve adaptions" and "reset the DPF learned values" 

Where do i calibrate or make it relearn? 

#4 Bandit51

Bandit51

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:37 PM

Hi the EGR reset of adaptations is the correct procedure but for the life of me I cant understand why you reset the DPF as well this should have been done by the garage after they fitted the new DPF so every thing starts from zero, with regard to the EGR the only other thing I can think of is that the new valve is defective, I have seen this before with some aftermarket valves of dubious origin, by the way what is the year and model of your car.

#5 steffenbk

steffenbk

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:49 PM

Hi the EGR reset of adaptations is the correct procedure but for the life of me I cant understand why you reset the DPF as well this should have been done by the garage after they fitted the new DPF so every thing starts from zero, with regard to the EGR the only other thing I can think of is that the new valve is defective, I have seen this before with some aftermarket valves of dubious origin, by the way what is the year and model of your car.

Ah i see, ok. Well i just thought id reset everything just to see. But yes might be faulty EGR, i read one guy had an issue with the EGR valves from the place i bought it from. So might be that

#6 Bandit51

Bandit51

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:45 PM

I had the same problem a few years ago with a 2.0 MK4 Mondeo I had, the place I bought it from was a well known parts dealer, when I bought it the guy on the parts counter told me it was O.E and the reason it was cheap was because it came in a plain white box so there was no packaging cost, in the end I had tried three valves in all including the exchanges before I got a refund, in the end I bought a valve from a reputable scrap yard and normal service was resumed.

#7 steffenbk

steffenbk

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 10:33 PM

I had the same problem a few years ago with a 2.0 MK4 Mondeo I had, the place I bought it from was a well known parts dealer, when I bought it the guy on the parts counter told me it was O.E and the reason it was cheap was because it came in a plain white box so there was no packaging cost, in the end I had tried three valves in all including the exchanges before I got a refund, in the end I bought a valve from a reputable scrap yard and normal service was resumed.

Will try and get one through my dealer/mechanic and see if that fixes it.

Edited by steffenbk, 26 February 2021 - 10:34 PM.

#8 steffenbk

steffenbk

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:13 PM

It was a the EGR i bought that was bad, got one from my mechanic and works fine. 

#9 Bandit51

Bandit51

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:24 PM

POPULAR

It was a the EGR i bought that was bad, got one from my mechanic and works fine. 

Well done at least you got to the bottom of it, I think your original EGR was probably what killed the DPF they are notorious for not throwing up a code until its all gone horribly wrong.

• steffenbk likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: egr, dpf, dtc, p0490, p1335

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users