Transmission malfunction message after removing a connector /relay - Page 2 - Electrical (Mk2 Focus) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Transmission malfunction message after removing a connector /relay

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 GR8GUY

GR8GUY

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:FORD FOCUS
  • Name:gerry grant

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:52 PM

Hiya, It doesn't join the looms it seems to lead up from the gem to the firewall and behind the dash.

In the gem diagram It fits into the top left connection. In the pic its the single cable 

ford-focus-fuse-box-diagram-passenger-compartment-2007.jpg

gem wiring.jpg

#12 GR8GUY

GR8GUY

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:FORD FOCUS
  • Name:gerry grant

Posted 28 February 2021 - 04:18 PM

It turns out this particular cable doesn't have a relation to central locking. It therefore seems when I have been pressing around there must be another cable/connector or part of the gem being triggered. I cannot get it to recreate so search goes on to pinpoint the culprit. It does mean that the root cause lays within this gem module or wires/connections. I have therefore sourced a replacement GEM from breakers with correct reference numbers to see if this will solve the issue. I have OBDLINK EX cable and forscan. I have copied the ASBUILT data from my current unit. Can anyone advise what I need to do now ?  My thoughts were that I connect the replacement GEM and copy the file from current module to it. Totally new to forscan though so perhaps missing some important steps. If anyone can advise please let me know as I don't want to proceed until I'm clear on what's required. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users