Swapping headlamp types 2010 2.2 TDCI Titanium - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Swapping headlamp types 2010 2.2 TDCI Titanium

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidmusgrove

davidmusgrove

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4 Mondeo
  • Name:David Musgrove

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:37 PM

Hi , my wife has a 2010 2.2 Titanium, where the headlights are always playing up. They are very dim, the steering lights aren't really of much use and they are more trouble than they are worth. My question is - can these lights be straight swapped with those from a Zetec which I believe has basic halogens, or can they be swapped with the optional Bi Xenons? 

I assume the basic halogens may give warnings on the dash which could be an MOT fail , or do they take the same plug and also assume that other things would be needed for the Bi Xenons?

Has anyone done this? Comments and advice would be most welcome !  :biggrin:

Thanks

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28995 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:02 AM

POPULAR

Wiring maybe different but easily sorted, you will probably need to program

the system to standard lights though.

• davidmusgrove likes this

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#3 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1297 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:52 AM

POPULAR

Not sure about fitting the standard halogens but I believe to fit the xenons you would need to fit the 4 levelling sensors, change the control module, fit the 2 replacement headlights and then change the ecu with elmconfig or similar.

Something I've been looking into but the cost is quite off putting.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#4 alsmondeo

alsmondeo

Little Megger

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 2.0 Ecoboost

Posted 24 January 2021 - 10:26 AM

POPULAR

I assume the basic halogens may give warnings on the dash which could be an MOT fail , or do they take the same plug and also assume that other things would be needed for the Bi Xenons?

Has anyone done this? Comments and advice would be most welcome !  :biggrin:

The basic halogens will work (sidelights, dipped, main), I tried it when I was having problems with one of my AFS headlamps. Headlight leveling might not work though (I didn't try this) because with AFS headlamps the level signal from the knob on the light switch goes via the HCM to the headlamp whereas with basic halogens the signal goes direct to the headlamp. Though it would be fairly simple to bypass the HCM. I had to do this in reverse when I switched from basic halogens to ASF headlamps.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users