bluetooth - Page 3 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo

Posted 11 February 2021 - 02:08 PM

I didn't write to the IPC just the bcm on config. So I need to change it on IPC aswell? I ran out of time messing around with it and just put the original module back in again till next get chance to take it back out and have a mess around
I didn't write to the IPC just the bcm on config. So I need to change it on IPC aswell? I ran out of time messing around with it and just put the original module back in again till next get chance to take it back out and have a mess around

#22 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1334 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 11 February 2021 - 03:42 PM

I'm fairly certain you need to write any changes of the central configuration to both IPC and BCM, I know I always have.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#23 Razzor

Razzor

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:FoST 250
  • Name:Steen Bak

Posted 21 February 2021 - 03:49 PM

https://talkford.com...rade/?p=2375218

That picture shows what I had to change. Basically you take the 3 wires that are going into the AUX port fitted to the front of the glovebox and cut them so you have 6 wires, 3 from the AUX port and 3 going to the wiring loom. You then connect those 6 wires into the BT wiring plug as shown. You will need to find some pins to plug into the harness plug though, possible find them on eBay.

Hi Mark 

What do I do with the wires already connected to the pin 37 and 38 in harness plug?

The wires connected are twisted then I belive its can bus.

TIA

Steen 

#24 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1334 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:21 PM

Hi Mark 

What do I do with the wires already connected to the pin 37 and 38 in harness plug?

TIA

Steen 

Erm, nothing, as on my wiring they were empty sockets. Sounds like you already have the wiring in place and don't need to do this modification.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

#25 Razzor

Razzor

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:31 PM

Hi Mark

TIA
Steen

Erm, nothing, as on my wiring they were empty sockets. Sounds like you already have the wiring in place and don't need to do this modification.
But I don't any sound from the new BT module.

Perhaps I found the answer, looks like the two wire are meant to at in car mounted phone.

Then I should be able to replace them with wiring from the aux plug?

eaf9b34bd5a47b413be6486bc80dfae1.jpg

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A6003 med Tapatalk

#26 Razzor

Razzor

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:48 PM

Hi Mark

TIA
Steen

Do you have a link or a hint to what to search for when trying to find pins for the BT plug?

#27 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1334 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:54 PM

If that's the right wiring diagram then yes, it looks like you can cut the existing wires from the plug. If you cut them away from the BT plug then you can reuse those pins. As for replacement pins I can't help as I cannibalised the adaptive cruise control plug for some pins.

#28 Razzor

Razzor

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:42 PM

If that's the right wiring diagram then yes, it looks like you can cut the existing wires from the plug. If you cut them away from the BT plug then you can reuse those pins. As for replacement pins I can't help as I cannibalised the adaptive cruise control plug for some pins.

I have checked all colours and pin position and there is a 100% towards the diagram for phone.

Then I will cut the wires and reuse them as you suggested.

Thanks a lot for you help, mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users