bluetooth - Page 2 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1336 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 03 February 2021 - 08:35 AM

Can't say I've ever heard of that error tbh.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#12 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:51 AM

I must be missing some file of it's not reading it properly for some reason forscan works perfectly with it. Losing the plot with trying to sort it

#13 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:53 PM

So after a bit more playing I'm thinking my elm327 can't run at Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps. Also it won't give me the ftdi drop down box. although the device I bought was advertised as having the chip and being able write at that speed

#14 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1336 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 07:43 AM

Personally I would only use these guys - https://tunnelrat-el...6_17045457.aspx

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

#15 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 29147 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:08 PM

Bought several from tunnelrat and they all work 100%.

Bought seemingly identical units off ebay and they have been very hit and miss.

One worked with Forscan but not ElmConfig, mostly they dont connect at the

higher speeds required for some modules.

£20 instead of £6 or so but they work and save the hassle of buying many until

you find one that works.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#16 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:30 PM

Ok for £20 iv order one with the ftdi chip supposedly. I took the old one apart and I defo has ch340 chip so not sold as advertised. yeah iv put it down not being able to read at high speeds on elmconfig coz forscan works fine.

#17 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 29147 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:46 AM

Ok for £20 iv order one with the ftdi chip supposedly. I took the old one apart and I defo has ch340 chip so not sold as advertised. yeah iv put it down not being able to read at high speeds on elmconfig coz forscan works fine.

That was my only little gripe with the tunnelrat ones. 1st one was FTDI and the 2nd was CH340.

They now list them separately but when I bought the 2nd one it was a pain to find it needed

a CH340 driver.  Only the phone with internet access and a poor signal trying to find a decent

site that didnt add nasties to the download.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#18 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 08:53 PM

It's turned up today I will try it tomorrow and see if really does work or wether it's junk like the 1st one in the meantime I bought one of those 12v radio tune plug in things works well

#19 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:07 PM

Update
so the tunel rat elm works a treat and can read at fast enough speeds.
Changed the settings in config to BT/VC High + USB + BTAudio for NAV only saved it.
Plug in the usb and still doesn't even read the usb can theres no Bluetooth when search on my phone.
So stuck don't.know what to try now.
It's not the modules coz I have both Nokia and the other brand and both work in the missus Mondeo, I tested them both in there just to make sure. Also I know it's not the usb stick coz they.both.play.on both modules in are other Mondeo.
Just don't know what else to do

#20 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1336 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:30 AM

After writing the central configuration to the BCM and then to the IPC do you still get the code u2101 control module configuration incompatible?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users