bluetooth - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:32 PM

i have 2 mondeos one 2007 one 2010

the 2007 has the nx stereo just had Bluetooth connectivity, iv changed module to a 8M5T 19c112AR so i could have use of usb.

now i cannot connect my phone and the usb dosent work. iv tried to update it from usb file but nothing happens 

is there something i missing?

The 2010 has the sony DAB head unit and i switched the module to a 8m5T 19C112AN now the usb works great but have lost the use of the phone

iv tried to update it with the usb the screen will say updating but then will just go black after like 20 mins  then half hour later was still just be black so i just turned it off. 

still cant get the option to connect a phone on the converse screen

any one know what i can do 

thanks

#2 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:07 PM

So iv reset srm with forscan on the 10 plate now the phone and everything works. I'm still having no luck with the 07 place I get the code u2101 control module configuration incompatible. But the update usb does nothing so I don't know what to do now with this one

#3 j0bj0shh

j0bj0shh

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo mk4
  • Name:Josh

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:55 PM

you need to do the USB wiring modification to get the new module to work. The 2007 Mondeo will have MONO bluetooth module wiring you need to change it to STEREO by doing the mod to get it to work. 

#4 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1336 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:22 PM

The wiring mod is purely for getting sound out. Have you used elmconfig to change the type of Bluetooth module?

It's on page 5 of the Central Configuration, probably says BT/VC Low and needs to be changed to BT/VC High + USB + BTAudio for NAV only.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#5 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:57 PM

I was starting to thing I needed to the wiring mod. No I haven't tried elmconfig I will have a go on that 1st and see if that sorts it thanks. I will let you know how I get on

#6 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1336 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 10:03 PM

I think you will still need to do the wiring mod to get any sound out but the elmconfig change should show let you pair the phone and get the USB option up on the NX unit, not sure it will show up on the convers in the dash though, I'm sure I had to get the firmware updated for that,

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams  -  Convers Mod

#7 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:44 PM

I don't have the converse dash in mine so will be ok. Having problems with my elm327 not connecting atm so need to work out how to sort that out 1st

#8 Razzor

Razzor

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:FoST 250
  • Name:Steen Bak

Posted 02 February 2021 - 04:19 PM

I think you will still need to do the wiring mod to get any sound out but the elmconfig change should show let you pair the phone and get the USB option up on the NX unit, not sure it will show up on the convers in the dash though, I'm sure I had to get the firmware updated for that,

Do you know how to do the wiring modification?

I have same issue with my S-max from 2008 after changing BT module. No sound from phone/BT.

TIA

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A6003 med Tapatalk

#9 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1336 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:39 PM

https://talkford.com...rade/?p=2375218

That picture shows what I had to change. Basically you take the 3 wires that are going into the AUX port fitted to the front of the glovebox and cut them so you have 6 wires, 3 from the AUX port and 3 going to the wiring loom. You then connect those 6 wires into the BT wiring plug as shown. You will need to find some pins to plug into the harness plug though, possible find them on eBay.

#10 Ddleeds

Ddleeds

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 08:23 PM

So I got my elm327 working again. I go on the ELM config software on page 5 and change the setting BT/VC High + USB + BTAudio for NAV only but get the message required data not found on as built. So am I missing some files or doing something wrong? I can't connect my phone my phone dosent pick up ford bt so I gather it doesn't recognise the new by box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users