Mk4 Rear Spoiler - Delaminating/Bubbling/Blistering - Interior / Exterior (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mk4 Rear Spoiler - Delaminating/Bubbling/Blistering

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 deebee08

deebee08

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4 2.5T TXS
  • Name:Dale

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:25 PM

Hi all,

I own a low mileage MK4 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.5T in Colorado Red.  It is my pride and joy and therefore look after it with great attention to detail.

I washed the car the day before its service and MOT at a Ford dealership on the 30th December.  Since then I have used the car twice due to lockdown.  The car was not particularly dirty so I have therefore not been too bothered about washing it again due to such poor cold weather conditions.

Today I decided to wash the car and whilst drying I notice a scatter of small bubbles across the rear spoiler.  On closer inspection it appears that these bubbles are a symptom of the spoiler delaminating, lacquer peel.  I have checked the rest of the body work including the rear plastic bumper and this bubbling is confined to the rear spoiler only. 

I can only assume that during its service and MOT something in the garage has been sprayed and landed on the spoiler causing a reaction.

• Firstly does anyone know if the spoilers come pre-painted direct from Ford as per the bumpers, or does it come in grey
  • primer?
  • Obviously I have no proof that this was caused by the garage, however does anyone know of this being a problem with the rear spoiler on a MK4 Mondeo.

As you can appreciate I am absolutely gutted that despite my greatest efforts to look after the car and keep it serviced something like this happens.  

My next dilemma is deciding where to take it to get the spoiler rectified by someone that takes pride in their work. 

• Does anyone know of a body work shop in Leicestershire with a proven track record with quality workmanship?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read.....

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20210121_163743.jpg
  • IMG_20210121_163738.jpg
  • IMG_20200720_180623.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)