Intermittent Central Locking / Alarm Issue - Electrical (Mk2 Focus) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Intermittent Central Locking / Alarm Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matted57

matted57

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus MK2

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:48 PM

Very often I find that when I 'double lock' the car using the key the indicators do not flash although all doors lock.  After an arbitrary time all of the doors unlock themselves.

When I am lucky to get the indicators to flash on the double lock the doors will stay locked as expected.

I have reset the car to re-learn the key but this hasn't helped also since it's intermittent I'm ruling out a fuse issue.

It's almost as if the car doesn't receive feedback of successful double lock, hence no flashing and unlocking itself afterwards. Am I correct that I need to change the door locking module on the drivers side?  

#2 mondy zetecs

mondy zetecs

Clever Clauggs

• Members
  • 4069 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.5l v6 2002
  • Name:Harry

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:13 AM

When locking and the lights don't flash i unlock fully and sometimes start engine

it locks fully after with deadlock and flash.

Usually drivers door lock is main actuator also have heard the locks struggle when

battery is low and locks spritely after a charge.

Edited by mondy zetecs, 14 January 2021 - 07:15 AM.

Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 2014

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users