Facelift conversion - Interior / Exterior (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Facelift conversion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gmbee

gmbee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:12 PM

Hi,

I have a 2010 pre facelift Mondeo estate which I picked up cheap. Im currently half way through a facelift conversion.

Front end all done. No issues.

I’ve just done the rear tailgate. (Having some wiring issues on another thread in the Electrical forum.)

I just wanted to check the rear bumper is different between the pre and facelift models?

I’ve installed the tailgate and the body line with the bumper doesn’t quite match up. Have I installed it incorrectly or are they infact slightly different on the estate???? Another thread suggested they are the same for the saloon. I assumed same for estate also....

#2 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Sport
  • Name:Tony Ford

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:15 PM

I've just been looking through some images on google to compare pre facelift and post facelift rear bumpers on the Estate and they are definitely different. Although I'm finding it very difficult to see if the bodylines have moved, the reflectors n the bottom corners are a completely different shape, which indicates that the whole bumper is a re-design.

#3 gmbee

gmbee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:43 PM

Yeah it definately is. Thanks for taking the time to look. It’s only about 6mm out but very noticeable. Oh well, yet another panel to change. Hopefully the rear quarters are the same! 😂

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users