2.2 Tdci Starter Motor Removal - Page 2 - Diesel Engines (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

2.2 Tdci Starter Motor Removal

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 Bandit51

Bandit51

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ford
  • Name:Steven

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:32 PM

Haynes hardly need to check with Ford to know when the Mondeo was first introduced.

According to the Mk4 Workshop manual, Mondeo was first introduced in the year 2000 (which is the year the Mk3 came along), rather than 1993 as was actually the case.

When I was rebuilding my engine and checking over the turbo, when refitting, I used the Torque settings from the Haynes manual, and ended up snapping the bolt on the oil line and had to buy a replacement.

A lot of the info in Haynes manuals was derived from the manufacturers they have to have a point of reference for the information they are publishing or risk legal action for publishing inaccurate information, as for the torque setting you used if I looked at it and thought it to be excessive for the type of substrate I was tightening I would back the final torque figure up by 10nm just in case, furthermore any torque wrench over two years old probably needs recalibrating they do wear with use and become inaccurate .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users