Central Locking Dead - Security / Safety (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Central Locking Dead

central locking door

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew-W

Andrew-W

Move decimal place to get age.

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2TDCI Ghia

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:35 PM

Hello

The central locking started playing up and I removed the driver's door lock module and stripped it down, the three micro switches appear to be working and I can't find anything that's broken. So I plugged it back in, when using the fob button to lock it'll move the door lock mechanism but it immediately moves back again so I'm presuming it's doing that as a result of there being a problem on one of the other door locks.

So I was messing around with driver's door lock module again and plugging the harness back in and not realising that the battery was still connected and now it's dead. 😳 The F24 fuse in the engine bay hasn't blown and I've tried disconnecting the battery for an hour and it's still dead, programming the key fob won't work either.

Are there any other fuses to check or anything else I can do, I'll check the fuses in the passenger footwell in the morning?

Thanks very much

Thanks

#2 Andrew-W

Andrew-W

Move decimal place to get age.

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2TDCI Ghia

Posted 03 January 2021 - 01:06 PM

POPULAR

I left it overnight with the battery disconnected to see if it would reset and it has.
  • mondy zetecs likes this

#3 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28983 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:31 PM

Hopefully your sorted but it unlocks because one of the door locks has not locked.

If it happens again watch the locks inside and see which one is slow to react or

does not lock at all.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#4 hardy1812

hardy1812

TF regular

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCi
  • Name:Ian

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:21 PM

I have a similar thing with my car,, doors lock then reopen instantly,, i tried opening the doors from the outside and slamming them shut, didn’t work I’d the same with the bonnet and the boot still didn’t work,, so I sat in the car and manually locked each door one at a time and pulled the internal handle to open it, then pressed the fob to lock everything,,, I found mine is the drivers rear door,, but as soon as I lock it from inside and pull the handle to open it,, everything locks as it should,, guess mines just an iffy lock but not had no problems for a good 8 months..... I did lock unlock from inside a million times though so maybe that helped hahaha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: central locking, door

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)