Disable automatic 3 flash indicators? - Page 2 - Electrical (Mk5 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Disable automatic 3 flash indicators?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 stonekeeper

stonekeeper

TF regular

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo titanium x
  • Name:Mark

Posted 07 January 2021 - 12:10 PM

HI, Thanks for your thoughts on the fog light. There are undoubtedly many viewpoints but my intention was not to start a discussion of that again. :)

Sorry

Wasn't intending to take us off on a tangent but hopefully someone might get to see the thread who can help with your deactivating the three flash feature.

Apology not necessary I am just a user here like everyone else. Thank you though for the idea of a wider audience I hadn't considered that aspect as a possibility.

I think that the more "active" a thread is the more chance someone will see it in the "news feed" column and wonder "what's going on there"

29 people are now reading this thread

Your question led to me doing some digging around, because i have the time with lockdowns etc, i found threads from other manufacturers forums where it is possible to program the number of flashes and potentially turn it off.

So hopefully someone will say it is possible.

In the meantime this one below about the Ford escape got really out of hand and got locked by their admin.

It doesn't answer your question but it is entertaining.

https://www.fordesca...on.25609/page-3

#12 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5263 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:01 PM

POPULAR

wow, that fordescape thread is unbelievable, some people eh

• stonekeeper likes this

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#13 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 29004 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:18 PM

POPULAR

Guess we may all have issues that others see as a non issue.

With me its Computers and phones installing junk that I don't want.. Why does my new phone

have Facebook and Netflix on the home screen and why is the app locked so you cannot

uninstall them?

No issues with them pre-installing bloatware if it gets them a few pennies, but not being able

to uninstall it is totally wrong.

Or Vodafone tacking on a free trial of secure net despite me telling them many times over do

not put that onto my account. Logged in 1 hour after the call and there it is 3 month free trial

and £1 /month after that.

• stonekeeper likes this

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#14 wombatch

wombatch

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2019 hybrid
  • Name:Geoff

Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:30 PM

HI, Thanks for your thoughts on the fog light. There are undoubtedly many viewpoints but my intention was not to start a discussion of that again. :)

Sorry

Wasn't intending to take us off on a tangent but hopefully someone might get to see the thread who can help with your deactivating the three flash feature.

Apology not necessary I am just a user here like everyone else. Thank you though for the idea of a wider audience I hadn't considered that aspect as a possibility.

I think that the more "active" a thread is the more chance someone will see it in the "news feed" column and wonder "what's going on there"

Your question led to me doing some digging around, because i have the time with lockdowns etc, i found threads from other manufacturers forums where it is possible to program the number of flashes and potentially turn it off.

So hopefully someone will say it is possible.

In the meantime this one below about the Ford escape got really out of hand and got locked by their admin.

It doesn't answer your question but it is entertaining.

https://www.fordesca...on.25609/page-3

Thanks for the effort, I suspect from the thread you found that ford have this fixed in stone, no idea why. I have the ability even to set my headlights to left or right hand drive without getting out of the car (what wonderful progress from stick on lense covers!) so I am sure it would not be technically hard to turn off the 3 flashes, just badly considered.

#15 fordy1

fordy1

Big Megger

• Gold Member
  • 586 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2021 Mk5 StLine
  • Name:Brian

Posted 20 January 2021 - 10:36 AM

HI wombatch.

I'm the other end of thespectrum. I have just collect a new stline. Yesterday I took out the laptop and used forscan to do a few adjustments. One of them was to increase the 3 indicator flashes to 4. If youare familiar with forscan and know how to use it, here are the codes. Note that the minimum is 1 flash. Hope this helps. The capital X is replaced by the

the numbers in the list depending on how many flashes you want.

Automatic Turn Signal Flash Count       724-01-01 (2014+ MY) xxxx xXxx xx    

(SCCM) 0 (One Flash)    

4 (Two Flashes)    

6 (Three Flashes - Default)    

8 (Four Flashes)    

A (Five Flashes)    

C (Six Flashes)    

E (Seven Flashes)

Titanium+, 2.0 Lt.,150 bhp, Frozen White,

Partial leather, 6 speed manual,

Auto park assist, Privacy glass.

Titaniumx pack, (Irl version: Led lights

Electric hatch), Full spare,

#16 wombatch

wombatch

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2019 hybrid
  • Name:Geoff

Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:24 PM

HI wombatch.

I'm the other end of thespectrum. I have just collect a new stline. Yesterday I took out the laptop and used forscan to do a few adjustments. One of them was to increase the 3 indicator flashes to 4. If youare familiar with forscan and know how to use it, here are the codes. Note that the minimum is 1 flash. Hope this helps. The capital X is replaced by the

the numbers in the list depending on how many flashes you want.

Automatic Turn Signal Flash Count       724-01-01 (2014+ MY) xxxx xXxx xx    

(SCCM) 0 (One Flash)    

4 (Two Flashes)    

6 (Three Flashes - Default)    

8 (Four Flashes)    

A (Five Flashes)    

C (Six Flashes)    

E (Seven Flashes)

Thanks for this, I'll order the cable. I did also see some other stuff that talks about this, not specifically on a Mondeo but on several other ford models it seems the behaviour can be set by forscan along with the cancelling behaviour of the indicator (apparently you can set it to specfically require cancelling).

In case anyone is interested there is this big spreadsheet (a phrase with granny and eggs springs to mind but maybe it is of use) https://docs.google....95730/htmlview#

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users