Granada Scorpio BOA Auto Transmission Fluid - Ford Granada Forums & Ford Scorpio Forums - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Granada Scorpio BOA Auto Transmission Fluid

granada scorpio boa atf oil

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gingell1987

gingell1987

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:22 PM

Hi,

I have owned my 1994 Granada Scorpio 2.9 24v BOA (1989 -1994) for about ten years (most of that time it has sat in storage).

Its been extensively freshened and ready to hit the road again but sadly the auto box is not behaving as it should. The car has covered 87,000 miles. Prior to its long storage period there were no issues with the auto box.

So I am hopeful that a change of Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) will resolve the sloppiness (delay then slightly violent change) between 3rd and 4th when you are being gentle on the throttle.

So I would be grateful if someone could tell me.

1) What grade or type of ATF should be used in the Auto box?

Dextron II, is what my current research suggests and my local ford garage cannot tell me.

2) My car also has the auto box oil cooler would anyone know the volume of oil required? 

A few sites seem to suggest different values 7L, 8.5L and 9L. 

I have found a few Scorpio websites to be of help but these tend to be dedicated to the SCORPIO 1994 onwards only and I don't know how much read across there is between these different models particularly the auto transmission.

Thanks For Reading

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: granada, scorpio, boa, atf, oil

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users