Mk4 focus ST Issues - Focus Mk4 General Discussion - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Mk4 focus ST Issues

2 replies to this topic

#1 joey c

joey c

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo titanium x
  • Name:joe

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:27 PM

Hi so I’ve just bought my first newish car since 2001 a 20 plate focus st diesel in agate black only 600 miles on the clock from ford direct via my local ford dealer apparently the manager at ford used it to go to Leeds and back and was then furloughed unlucky for her lucky for me anyways great car pulls well all the bells n whistles no headlight washers on the 2020 model so I was told to connect the car to the internet at home and the car will update any software when it becomes available great so first issue car downloads then the wireless charger stopped working ok no biggy bk to the dealer easy fix so the next week I come out the house to go to work and the rear window is down a bit ffs ok I must of hit the wrong button last night maybe strange the alarm never went off though thought no more of it goes to work does 12 hours comes back to the car to go home and it’s chucking it down with hail n rain Chuck my bag in the boot get in what’s that glistening on the passenger seat ugh it’s soaked passenger window is down so I know I’ve checked this window and the rest before I walked away from the car and it was fully up I speak to the dealer ah yes we know about this issue it’s called bounce back the window thinks there’s something trapped and goes down a bit hmm ok I go back the next day and an hour later it’s sorted not the problem I was told it was more of a security issue they had a file sent from ford to download to the car and had to recalibrate the windows apparently there may be a recall on the focus for this issue so that’s sorted today I’ve cleaned the car and found there’s damage on the side skirt on the under arch and one of the alloys is looking like it’s not been painted properly like there’s not lacquer on it and it has a bluey tinge the dealer have said they may be able to sort the alloy under warranty but the damage to the skirt is out the question as it’s a ford direct car and it’s cosmetic anyways am not gonna let it ruin my focus st experience as am still happy with the car just little things which should of been picked up on pdi I’ll let you know when I’ve seen them tomorrow what happens next

#2 SteveyG

SteveyG

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 1574 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4.5 TXS 2.2
  • Name:Steve

Posted 27 November 2020 - 11:47 AM

Any chance you can break this into sentences and paragraphs. It's impossible to read  :blink:

#3 joey c

joey c

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo titanium x
  • Name:joe

Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:49 PM

Any chance you can break this into sentences and paragraphs. It's impossible to read :blink:

ha sorry mate I literally wrote it quite quickly as I was fuming 🤣

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users