Hello - New Mondeo Ghia X owner - Mondeo Mk3 General Discussion - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Hello - New Mondeo Ghia X owner

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy67

Jeremy67

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2005 Mondeo Ghia X
  • Name:Jeremy Cogman

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

Hi everyone.  I just thought I'd make a quick first post introducing myself as after 36 years of driving I've just bought my first Ford, a Mondeo Ghia X Hatchback.  The car has done 98k but is in excellent condition.  It's dark metallic blue with a black interior.  We also run an 04' Saab 9-5 Estate and the Mondeo has just replaced a Panda which I love but recent events mean I want plenty of metal around the kids whichever car my wife takes.  We typically keep our cars 5+ years.

We live down muddy country lanes so our cars are rarely going to gleam for long but I do like a car that looks nice and where everything works.  The latter is my main reason for joining and I'll undoubtedly be asking a few questions over the coming months.  Jobs I already know need doing, in no particular order:

• The drivers side mirror won't remotely fold in.  The previous owner never used this feature so it may just be gummed up.  I may attack it with WD40 at the weekend (I may even crack out the ferrosol).
  • The clock adjustment does not work.  This will boil down to a battle between my irritation and a desire not to take the centre dash out.
  • It's suffering a bit of rear bumper drop, I'd have never noticed but the seller was honest enough to point it out.  I'll probably attend to this at some point but I'm in no hurry
  • The car has some sort of phone dock behind the ash tray.  A bit of googling suggest this might be a factory kit.  Clearly it is monstrously obsolete tech and it will just irritate me so at some point I'll remove it.  
  • On the day I picked it up there was a clunk from the front right corner on full lock on several occasions but it hasn't reoccurred.  Watch this space.

Other than that it's all very lovely.  The Sony 6 CD Stereo sounds lovely, especially once I'd discovered the aux-in in the glove box.  The V6 sounds pretty good too, lets hope the consumption doesn't bankrupt me.

Cheers

Jeremy

#2 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4289 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:19 PM

Welcome to the forum and to many happy years of Mondeo-ing
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#3 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12949 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 November 2020 - 10:23 AM

The time clock only takes one minute to remove.

The trim panel around it just pulls off, and then the clock is secured with 2 screws.

If you replace the clock there will be a choice of colours and bezels for the replacement.

Bumper sag can be sorted. The main bumpers that sag are ST bumpers, 

I’m sure there will be some info on this site somewhere.

The factory phone mount is very easy to remove, and can be replaced with a normal cup holder/ashtray trim panel. On the other hand, you could get a phone for it and it would integrate with the cars stereo and hands free set up,

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#4 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4289 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:02 AM

Can I make you aware of the Ford wiki that contains loads of help
www.fordwiki.co.uk
just drill down to the Mondeo then mk3, then browse the contents list.
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#5 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12949 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:06 PM

Can I make you aware of the Ford wiki that contains loads of help
www.fordwiki.co.uk
just drill down to the Mondeo then mk3, then browse the contents list.

Good idea mentioning the wiki. :)

I’ll add a link to Catcar.

This is a site listing the parts for the mk3 and their part numbers, or ‘finis’ numbers as Ford call them.

http://www.catcar.in...jAwMC0yMDA3In0=

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#6 hardy1812

hardy1812

TF regular

• Members
  • 664 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCi
  • Name:Ian

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM

Wasn’t someone of us looking into the phone cradle ???and possibly wanting one,,,
As for the mirror my drivers side one never moved neither but I just whacked mine in a couple of times with me size 9’s and that helped,, but yes spray it with WS-40 and try pulling it in whilst pressing down the knob down,,,
Welcome to the madhouse by the way

#7 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12949 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:35 PM

Wasn’t someone of us looking into the phone cradle ???and possibly wanting one,,,
As for the mirror my drivers side one never moved neither but I just whacked mine in a couple of times with me size 9’s and that helped,, but yes spray it with WS-40 and try pulling it in whilst pressing down the knob down,,,

I was looking for the mount, as I wanted to fit some of the ‘monstrously obsolete tech’ lol.

On Monday someone on Facebook said they had one for sale, I’m waiting for them to send me some pics :)

Edited by raynkar, 25 November 2020 - 08:49 PM.

#8 hardy1812

hardy1812

TF regular

• Members
  • 664 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCi
  • Name:Ian

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:31 PM

I was looking for the mount, as I wanted to fit some of the ‘monstrously obsolete tech’ lol.

On Monday someone on Facebook said they had one for sale, I’m waiting for them to send me some pics :)

I thought someone was at least inquiring about one,,, at least I know I wasn’t dreaming about that ,,,
Maybe they can send it to you,, if they take it out

#9 Jeremy67

Jeremy67

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2005 Mondeo Ghia X
  • Name:Jeremy Cogman

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:04 PM

So does one remove the phone mount from the panel that contains the ashtray and attach the other part?  Or is it a different panel including the ashtray.

And while we're on the subject, what were Ford doing putting the lighter socket under a lid in the way of the handbrake n 2005?

Still loving the car though, that engine is so torquey, not convinced it needs a 6 speed box (unless you want to do 150 I guess).

#10 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12949 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:29 PM

When my car left the factory it had a mobile phone ‘prep kit’ so had a small arm rest screwed into the cup holder.

I swapped the whole trim panel for a normal cup holder/ash tray trim.

This is the kind of thing it had.

005831C4-D475-4B57-9633-BC8C7187D6F7.png

I’ve never seen how the phone cradle mounts are fixed, but maybe they are screwed to the cup holder trim.

And fitted a normal round cup holder trim.

27368BF1-DA1F-445B-84BA-869110B79300.png

There are several places it’s easy to add an additional 12v outlet. Next to the gearstick is a convenient location.

69F625ED-9E68-49D1-B212-0F8E857CEF8A.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users