Hi everyone. I just thought I'd make a quick first post introducing myself as after 36 years of driving I've just bought my first Ford, a Mondeo Ghia X Hatchback. The car has done 98k but is in excellent condition. It's dark metallic blue with a black interior. We also run an 04' Saab 9-5 Estate and the Mondeo has just replaced a Panda which I love but recent events mean I want plenty of metal around the kids whichever car my wife takes. We typically keep our cars 5+ years.
We live down muddy country lanes so our cars are rarely going to gleam for long but I do like a car that looks nice and where everything works. The latter is my main reason for joining and I'll undoubtedly be asking a few questions over the coming months. Jobs I already know need doing, in no particular order:
- The drivers side mirror won't remotely fold in. The previous owner never used this feature so it may just be gummed up. I may attack it with WD40 at the weekend (I may even crack out the ferrosol).
- The clock adjustment does not work. This will boil down to a battle between my irritation and a desire not to take the centre dash out.
- It's suffering a bit of rear bumper drop, I'd have never noticed but the seller was honest enough to point it out. I'll probably attend to this at some point but I'm in no hurry
- The car has some sort of phone dock behind the ash tray. A bit of googling suggest this might be a factory kit. Clearly it is monstrously obsolete tech and it will just irritate me so at some point I'll remove it.
- On the day I picked it up there was a clunk from the front right corner on full lock on several occasions but it hasn't reoccurred. Watch this space.
Other than that it's all very lovely. The Sony 6 CD Stereo sounds lovely, especially once I'd discovered the aux-in in the glove box. The V6 sounds pretty good too, lets hope the consumption doesn't bankrupt me.