2010 Titanium X Headlamp upgrade options - i've read all the posts? - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

2010 Titanium X Headlamp upgrade options - i've read all the posts?

headlamps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davidmusgrove

davidmusgrove

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk3 Mondeo
  • Name:David Musgrove

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:53 AM

Hi

Has anyone come across a definitive fix for the poor light output from the steering headlamps that can be fixed? I've upgraded the bulbs as much as I can, Im told I cannot upgrade the lamps to HID or LED as it is illegal, and as far as I can see, I cannot swap the lamps to the bi Xenon design as I will get errors in the car as the module is for the steering headlamps ( which are a waste of time anyway ! ). Ultimately, my wife cannot see to drive the car in the dark , even with brand new Philips xtreme Vision bulbs. My 2019 Volvo S90 with Led makes night turn into day, even on low beam and I'm just trying to improve on what the Mondeo has for safety reasons. I did see on this forum that there was a guy in Spain making replacement reflectors for bulbs, but he seems to have stopped, and I'm not sure that that's the issue anyway.

I've seen lots of other posts on forums about MK4 bad lights, but nothing about maybe swapping the whole headlamp unit for something else from another Mondeo  that may be better?...Help and comments would be appreciated!!! 

Hope everyone and their families are staying well at this time.

#2 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 3000 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 C Max 1.6TDCi
  • Name:Mike

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:09 AM

I never had any issues with the Ring Ultima type bulbs, used them on my Mk3, Mk4 and now Cmax, improved my night vision satisfactoraly. Perhape the headlights are not properly adjusted.

#3 frembrit

frembrit

MEG Corporal

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 2574 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4.5
  • Name:Dave

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:18 AM

Does the car have headlight levelling/height adjustment? I assume that is set at the correct level?

Other than what you've already done then it could well be the reflectors, but i didn't think they were an issue on non-Xenon headlights.

Are the outer plastic lens/covers clear? Seen other cars with badly faded lenses, that would reduce light output.

Mondeo 2.2 TDCI Titanium X Sport (MK4.5), Panther Black | S-Max 2.5T front brake calipers and 316mm discs |  Fuel Log

Now Dead - Mondeo ST24, 2000 W reg, Amparo Blue | ST170 Calipers and Discs | Goodridge Hoses | GW Decat | K&N Panel Filter | Black eyes | LPG

Honda Hornet, 2004, Matt Blue.

#4 TreborB

TreborB

Powershifts Forever

• Members
  • 5108 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:59 AM

If everything else is working and set correctly it should not be anything like so poor your wife cannot drive at night.
If all is correct I would suspect your headlight reflectors have had it - quite a common problem on various makes of vehicles.
Not many places do a refurbishment.
What area are you in. I know of a place in Birmingham south area

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#5 davidmusgrove

davidmusgrove

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk3 Mondeo
  • Name:David Musgrove

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:54 PM

I'm in Peterborough. The headlights were OK for alignment at the last MOT, but I asked the tester after the test had been passed to fine tune them, and they weren't far out at all. The do have a height adjustment and that is set correctly. The lenses are very good - no condensation or scratches.... :-( Im thinking reflector are worn out....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: headlamps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users