Power steering leak - Suspension / Wheels / Brakes / Steering (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Power steering leak

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Russpuppy72

Russpuppy72

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Russ

Posted 19 November 2020 - 06:42 PM

Hi new here is it possible to change just the o rings on the pressure pipe From the power steering pump or is it a new pipe and connection part which screws in the pump too. As I've read there's a diagram Spring so should be cay. I have a leak and can't tell if the pipe or the union connection. Thanks

#2 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4197 posts
  • Name:Nick

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:15 PM

I bought new O rings when my old pump seized up, but couldn't seperate the nuts. Ended up just unscrewing the pipe at the pump. Still got the new O rings.... somewhere...
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#3 Russpuppy72

Russpuppy72

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Russ

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:53 AM

Ok thanks did that solve your leak. As if its the pipe end it might be a stealer job.

#4 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4197 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:16 PM

Hi, have a read of this thread, to get some idea of what to do.
https://talkford.com...-failure/page-1
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

#5 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4197 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:34 PM

Bit of a late reply here, but undo the big nut and there's an 0 ring you can change.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users