Aftermarket Head Units on a Titanium X - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Aftermarket Head Units on a Titanium X

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 geordiepingu

geordiepingu

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:08 Mondeo TiX 2.5T

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:54 AM

Hey folks,

I'm looking at satnav + spotify solutions for my Mondeo as the lack of Apple CarPlay means I've put more miles on the TVR this year than the Mondeo...

A bit of internet searching across this forum suggests a few folks here have tried these Android based units that typically have no meaningful branding, but are considerably cost effective. My scenario is this, I have a Titanium X with the Sony 6CD non DAB with Aux (no USB) with the premium speaker kit. I would like the steering wheel controls to work and for all of the speakers to work.

I have selected a head unit that I think is suitable and want to know if I can expect all of the speakers to work reasonably?

This is the head unit I am looking at. I will likely get one of the CarPlay adapters for it and bury a USB cable for my iPhone in the centre armrest.

https://www.ebay.co....RQAAOSw765frPPk

Is this sensible? Are there any gotchas? 

Thanks! :-)

#2 mrbungle

mrbungle

Little Megger

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:54 AM

No chance would I be sinking 230 on a no name ebay android unit, some are absolute crap.

Get a double din adapter kit and a decent double din Airplay compatible stereo, even on halfords there are a couple well under £300. If the steering wheel controls are to be used there are adaptor kits available also.

This has the lot:

https://www.ebay.co....e-/261172889960

https://www.halfords.../apple-carplay/

It's something I plan on doing down the line, the Premium speakers are very good imo and shouldn't need to be changed.

#3 geordiepingu

geordiepingu

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:08 Mondeo TiX 2.5T

Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:55 AM

I hadn't came across that steering wheel adapter! Looks like my original plan of a proper CarPlay unit is back in play. Thanks!

#4 Stevieight

Stevieight

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Steve Varley

Posted 02 April 2021 - 01:24 PM

Looking for a replacement head unit with dab and sat nav for mondeo titanium x sport 2013. Currently have the Sony funny shaped thing. Unfortunately eBay links above are now out of date and to change to a square double din will mean new facia... again need some advice. Have considered the large Tesla type that are out now but flexible as long as the two requirements above are met and probably the steering functions can be kept. Love my mondeo( 3rd one) but need a sat nav option

#5 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 29213 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 03 April 2021 - 04:38 PM

POPULAR

Copies of copies of copies.  You could order 20 from the same seller and get

several variations but may seem identical externally.

You need to speak to the seller(s) until you find one that actually knows what

they are selling and can explain everything that comes in the kit and what

options there are for the wheel controls etc.

Quite often the sellers will know nothing about the product they are selling.

• Stevieight likes this

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#6 Glenn_

Glenn_

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:cossie. mondeo.focus
  • Name:Glenn

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:13 PM

I've a xtron android head unit fitted to mine.

Mine has a cd/dvd player 2x USB,s micro sd card slot, sat nav, dab. It even has games. I think I paid about 180 quid for it. I've got 2 TV monitors in my headrests running off the head unit and I also have a reverse camera running off it too. It's been fine in the 2 years I've had it fitted.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users