Xenon light setting too low - Page 2 - Lighting (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Xenon light setting too low

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12779 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 November 2020 - 04:45 PM

I do that, though I will start with a check up of the self leveling sensors to see if it can lead to an easy fix. I will return to this topic.

When you refurbed the position sensors was it due to rusty/stiff joints?

If there is someone who has done the service function in Forscan for the auto leveling system, please write to this topic.

I refurbed the sensors as part of a complete refurb of the underside. I removed all the suspension, subframes, exhaust and heat shields etc, then either refurbed or replaced any parts before refitting.

I cleaned the position sensors, made new ball headed bolts and fitted new nuts before refitting them.

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#12 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12779 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 November 2020 - 04:51 PM

When I tried to disassemble the ball headed bolts one of them snapped, so I made new ones from scratch.

I could have just oiled the joints and left them alone, but I was dismantling everything to get items back to brand new looking.

8A2ECF2A-3269-4A47-9D74-75A568C14C5D.png

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#13 Miggs2002

Miggs2002

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCi
  • Name:Miggs Beaumont

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:50 PM

I bought forscan to reset my xenons and the option is there once you have registered the product, it doesn't cost to register but it is only a temp licence, once the trial runs out if you need to do it again yoj will have to pay but all it cost me was the price of the cable, it does offer free code reading for any error codes that might be stored, do that before signing up for the trial so any problems can be fixed before you try reseting the lights, if a sensor shows a fault then forscan won't let you reset the lights until its fixed

#14 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12779 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:57 PM

I bought forscan to reset my xenons and the option is there once you have registered the product, it doesn't cost to register but it is only a temp licence, once the trial runs out if you need to do it again yoj will have to pay but all it cost me was the price of the cable, it does offer free code reading for any error codes that might be stored, do that before signing up for the trial so any problems can be fixed before you try reseting the lights, if a sensor shows a fault then forscan won't let you reset the lights until its fixed

Are you talking about a cable for the OBD port, or for the xenon plug under the bonnet?

If you mean the OBD port can you post up a link for the exact cable you bought.

#15 Niklas009

Niklas009

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Niklas

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:47 PM

Here comes an update in this topic.

I have done a visual inspection of the auto leveling sensors and couldnยดt find any visible damage. I have purchased an obd2 device and waiting for the item to arrive. I will try to run the headlight service function in forscan. An update will follow afterwards.

I read that you have to put each sensor in position zero before the service procedure can be done. Miggs2002, is it necessary to lift up the car to get the sensors in a zero position or is it enough if the car stands empty on a flat surface?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users