Handbrake switch wire goes where? - Electrical (Mk1/Mk2 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Handbrake switch wire goes where?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bjalf

Bjalf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MkII

Posted 07 November 2020 - 06:31 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install a Pioneer head unit (SPH-EVO62DAB-UNI) in my 1999 MK2, and for some weird reason it wants to know when the handbrake is on. Several functions are unavailable with the handbrake off, like updating the firmware.

I'm trying to find a relatively accessible place to splice a wire into the handbrake warning switch wire. Under the central console I can see a Black/Red wire going forward from the switch, and then it dives straight down into the carpet, never to be seen again. I can lift the console up a bit in the rear, but it's near impossible to work under it. I have no idea on how to remove the console on an automatic.

I think the wire goes to the brake fluid reservoir, and then presumably back to the instrument cluster. Somewhere between the handbrake and the brake fluid reservoir the wire supposedly changes colour from Black/Red to Black/Blue, but I haven't found any plugs where that happens. From the brake fluid reservoir it's Black/Yellow according to the wiring diagrams.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

#2 Bjalf

Bjalf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MkII

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:32 AM

I gave up and used the Black/Red wire under the central console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users