Raising my Ka. - Mechanical (Ka Mk1) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Raising my Ka.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cntlaltdel

Cntlaltdel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Ka ( mk1 )
  • Name:Robert

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:50 PM

I’m hoping to do a slight modification to my Ka 1.3 (2007), hoping to raise it a bit & fit bigger wheels - not wanting a monster truck but my Ka the way it is isn’t coping well with the road up to my house. I’ve recently spent over £800 on repairs so as well as really liking the car I’m pretty heavily invested in it. I’ve been searching for ways to do this & struggling to find suppliers of lifting spacers but think from an old forum post I can use 17” mondeo wheels. Can anyone give me any advice - thanks in advance.

#2 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Sport
  • Name:Tony Ford

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:57 AM

POPULAR

They'd have to be from a Mk1 or Mk2 Mondeo, and I'm pretty sure 17's were never available on those.

You can't use later wheels as Ford switched to 5 stud on Mondeo from October 2000 with the launch of the MK3.

My daughter's Ka has 14's with a 60 profile tyre. To go to 17's if keeping the same with tyre, say 205's, you'd be looking at a 40 profile tyre - which you'd need to be running to keep your speedo fairly accurate.

• Cntlaltdel likes this

#3 Cntlaltdel

Cntlaltdel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Ka ( mk1 )
  • Name:Robert

Posted 14 November 2020 - 04:04 PM

Thanks For the info - I’m hoping to get things under way very soon. A couple of friends have offered their expertise which should stop me from making any huge errors. It seems really strange that there so many parts to raise new Ka models but nothing for mk1s. I’ll be going for biggest tyres that’ll fit whatever wheels I end up with even if they reduce turning circle & the speedo will get adjusted if it’s way off ( fingers crossed ) 

#4 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28692 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:00 AM

But the wheels grew in size but the tyre diameter did not alter.

A 17" wheel and tyre has the same dimensions as a 16" wheel and tyre.

17" will be a 50 profile meaning it will be worse riding and easier to damage wheels, only

a small change from the 16" 55 profile but a few have commented on the issues moving

up tyres sizes. Harder ride and more prone to punctures.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users