Ford pass app. - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford pass app.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 12778 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:30 AM

I recently had a 2020 Focus for a few weeks, the dealer mentioned had an app that could be used with the car.

I never got to use the app but am now wondering what it could do.

For those who have downloaded this app what does it do, or what features does it have?

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#2 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 C Max 1.6TDCi
  • Name:Mike

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:20 AM

Not much use really - try googling it and see the features

#3 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12778 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:44 AM

Not much use really - try googling it and see the features

Your reply mentioning not much use is the whole reason googling it isn’t worth doing. :)

It’s a bit like googling Fords MPG figures, they don’t always match the user experience.

Or, like googling the SOS button in new cars, the reality can be very different to how the dealers or brochures say they help.

You can put your vehicle info at the bottom of your posts to give details to help others know what you drive :)

#4 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12778 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:50 PM

Anyone with real world experience of this app?

#5 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1543 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Gary

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

Personally, I think it's pretty good

I can see at any time, where my van is. Does take a while to refresh sometimes, so you couldn't use it it as a real time tracker

I can check lock/unlock status, and lock it from anywhere. Can check fuel level, oil level, oil health, ad blue level, tyre pressures and odometer reading

I have an auto, so I can start it remotely. (Manuals can't be). If its cold, this will also turn on heated seats and screens.

Look at owners manuals, look up next service and service history

I'm sure theres more it could do, but I think its  ok

2008 2.0 TDCI Ghia Auto in Kelp
18" alloys, full biscuit leather,8 way electric climate seats, sunroof, NX nav, voice, keyless start, F & R PDC, TPMS, privacy glass
Mods.
Facelift convers+. Rear door roller blinds. Rear footwell lights. Rear Ambient lighting. USB, bluetooth & BT streaming. Memory drivers seat and mirrors. Auto folding mirrors with indicators. Door warning lights front and rear. Variable heated rear seats. PTC electric heater. Facelift front and rear bumpers and bonnet with DRLs and  headlight washers. Facelift tailgate and rear LED lights. 
Keyless Entry. Power child locks, Cooled glove box, Air Quality Sensor, Facelift MCA2 with 9 speakers, DAB and Ford rear view camera. Facelift upper and centre console trims and upper door panel trims in walnut.
Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Alert & Hill Launch Assist. Xenon Lights. Interactive Vehicle Dynamic Control. Electric Park Brake, Rear Seat Entertainment, 13 pin Detachable Tow Bar and Module 

Photos in Gallery

#6 TreborB

TreborB

8 gears or more please

• Members
  • 5194 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:BMW 320i M Sport
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 04 November 2020 - 05:24 PM

Sounds about the same as the "BMW Connect" app.
I can't start the car though.
Can programme the sat nav.
Can turn on fans "to ventilate car" - waste of time as they won't blow cold with no air con available.
Can locate a dealer, book a service.
Owner's manual is on it.

Serv history is on car computer shows on sat nav screen

Edited by TreborB, 04 November 2020 - 05:26 PM.

BMW 320i M Sport 2019 Mineral Grey, Steptronic 8 speed ZF Auto

( Sorry but NO 2.3 Ecoboost 8 Speed Auto Mondeo's to be found!)

Focus 2018 Mk3.5, 1 Litre Ecoboost 140ps ST Line, SYNC3 Sat Nav, Parking Sensors, Colour Magnetic - Gifted to the Wife! Then Sold Aug 2019

Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Magnetic, Built Sept 2015,Sold Oct 2018.

Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten.

2007 - 2010, 4 New Focus ST225s

#7 raynkar

raynkar

• Members
  • 12778 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I just wanted to see how it compared to my Hynundai app in actual use compared to brochure specs.

I haven’t looked about starting the engine yet, but as it’s a Hybrid it doesn’t start an engine anyway lol.
It does the same kind of things though and will remotely turn on the AC etc as well as lock the doors and give fuel range.

What I have noticed is a difference in time it takes to send a text if the doors are ajar or unlocked.
If I am at home it takes around 30 seconds to text a warning, but away from my home WiFi radius it takes 3-5 minutes.

My other half was away in Scotland earlier in the week, but took great delight in telling me how many times or when I had driven each day back in Bristol :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users