Ford Automobiles Forum banner

what's it called?

864 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  tony Sirett 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Afternoon everyone, sorry to start my first post on here with a question.....

actually start at the begining, i have just bought a new car for my daughter as her corsa isn't big enough now that she's expecting, the car i have bought her is a 2008 2.0 zetec Mondeo hatchback, didn't look too bad in the photos when it was advertised but i have since spent more money on it than i wanted to.

my question is there is a clear pipe that has been fitted by the prevous owner, please can anyone tell me what the correct pipe is called or even give me a part number please.

thanks Tony

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi

Looks to be a fuel pipe so clear braided is not really up to the job.

Peter

#9 ·
Hi,

If this is connected to the metal injector rail immediately below it then indeed it is the fuel connection from the fuel tank. The good news is that the fuel pressure on these isn't that high. However, failure WOULD cause the fuel pump to squirt fuel all over the engine!

If it's NOT connected to the injector rail then it's the connection back to the fuel fume canister - which is located behind the fuel tank.

It's dark now - but I'll look at mine tomorrow & report back.

If it's fuel rated hose then it's ok, but you won't be able to know that either way - so strongly suggest getting it fixed properly, there's no way I'd take a chance on it.

Rob

#10 ·
Hi,

If this is connected to the metal injector rail immediately below it then indeed it is the fuel connection from the fuel tank. The good news is that the fuel pressure on these isn't that high. However, failure WOULD cause the fuel pump to squirt fuel all over the engine!

If it's NOT connected to the injector rail then it's the connection back to the fuel fume canister - which is located behind the fuel tank.

It's dark now - but I'll look at mine tomorrow & report back.

If it's fuel rated hose then it's ok, but you won't be able to know that either way - so strongly suggest getting it fixed properly, there's no way I'd take a chance on it.

Rob
thank you, i am waitig until Monday to contact my local garage as fords quoted me silly money, i can buy the pipe off ebay for £60 odd pounds but Fords quoted me £200ish to repair it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.