Need help,Mondeo won’t start and reads code p0302 - Diesel Engines (Mondeo Mk3) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Need help,Mondeo won’t start and reads code p0302

#mondeo #p0302 #diesel #wont start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The broken mondeo

The broken mondeo

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk3 Mondeo tdci
  • Name:Bradley smith

Posted 25 October 2020 - 11:36 AM

Hi so I have recently brought a Mondeo 2.2l diesel which doesn’t start,didn’t think it would be hard to fix but I’m stumped

All I know is that before the last owner sold it was that the glow plug light was flashing and then it stopped running and it’s showing a code for misfire in cylinder 2 (p0302)

I have replaced the egr and fuel filter and they haven’t fixed it,I’ve got a feeling it’s the injectors but I’m reluctant to replace them as it’s expensive so any advice would be helpful

#2 nicam49

nicam49

Little Megger

• Gold Member
  • 4138 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3
  • Name:Nick

Posted 25 October 2020 - 03:45 PM

What year is it? Have you actually got a code reader? Did you know that generic readers don't read all Mondeo codes... you need one from Tunnelrat electronics and run Forscan software to be certain. They're not expensive <£20 and either it runs on Windows or there's one that runs on Android and connects with Bluetooth. Forscan is free for Windows, and a small charge for Android version. But you do need the proper codes to make any sense of the fault. Don't go changing bits at random is my advice, and DO ask questions on here!
btw, that code P0302 may well be historic, because they stay in memory till you issue a 'clear error' on the code reader. Also, 1 cylinder misfiring won't stop the rest of the engine from firing.
<p><p>nicam49 2002 Mondeo TDCi Ghia X Estate mk3 pre facelift Stardust Silver+Rust.[b] 308,000+miles, but been off the road since Nov 2019 after timing chain slipped during fuel pump transplant. Awaiting return of mojo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users