Focus Sync not working after upgrade(?) to 3.4 - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Focus Sync not working after upgrade(?) to 3.4

sync3.4

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Trev.a

Trev.a

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:39 PM

My Focus MK4 hit its second birthday on 17/10/2020.  Around 1/10/2020 my Sync system appears to have automatically updated from Sync 3.3 to 3.4 (automatic updates was turned on as they have been since I got it).

Because Ford notified me that the Live Traffic notifications would stop, I signed up for the monthly fee to keep them going but have not had time to check they are still active, however, I now seem to be having problems.
1.  I have now found Ford Pass no longer works.
2.  If I logon to my Ford Account it shows my software is up to date but there is a notification a map update is available.  I can't find where this is.
3.  I keep a USB stick plugged in the car but although I can Browse the stick and play songs from the screen, voice control will respond to browse requests, either with Artist or Album qualifier but ignores a request to play any voice commands to play a song, and if I try to select a track using voice commands (Play ‘song name’), the screen flashes quickly and it continues playing whatever track was already playing.

Other features seem to be ok. I can make calls, have messages read to me, change sources etc. all with voice commands.
Is there anybody who can help me with this please?  Is there a subscription I've missed, does Sync 3.4 require a different format or TAGs to use voice commands to select a song, could it be a setup issue, or is Sync 3.4 just full of bugs and not working?  I would love to return to Sync 3.3 - any way to do this?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users