Intermittent brake problem - Ford Ka Mk1 Forum (1996-2008) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Intermittent brake problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chrisland

chrisland

Little Megger

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo
  • Name:Christopher

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:20 AM

My son`s 2006 Ka has an intermittent brake problem, once every few days the brake pedal goes virtually to the floor. He pumps the pedal and it comes back up. The brakes are then fine again for a few more days and then the same thing will happen again. We have bled the system and checked all the brakes physically, we even took the car to our local garage who couldn`t find fault either. They suggested replacing the brake master cylinder as a precautionary measure, something my son and I are quite capable of doing ourselves. The problem is find a new one as the car has ABS and the master cylinders appear to be unavailable through the aftermarket. I will not pay for a new Ford one as they are over £300, more than the car is probably worth. I am now looking for a decent second hand one. Any advice on this matter would be helpful please. Thank you. 

#2 mondy zetecs

mondy zetecs

Clever Clauggs

• Members
  • 3944 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.5l v6 2002
  • Name:Harry

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:18 PM

Try part supplier https://store-d0b3c....ce.com/cart.php

What engine type is it for.

Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic