Steering wheel controls problem - Android Navigation - Page 2 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Steering wheel controls problem - Android Navigation

steering wheel controls steering wheel android navigation steering wheel controls wheel controls problem canbus software

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28977 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 29 October 2020 - 06:54 PM

Where is the black connector on the left connected?

When i fitted a handsfree kit to my previous car the steering wheel controls were

not connected in the actual main socket.

The ACC is the power feed for when the engine is off yes?  With that disconnected you will need the engine always on?

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#12 sithmaull

sithmaull

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2008 titanium
  • Name:Thomas

Posted 07 November 2020 - 11:56 AM

i recently bought the same unit and im having the same issue with my mondeo! i contacted the seller and they said that they were aware of this issue from the supplier. they suggested connecting the blue key2 wire to the wire from the steering wheel controls which i believe was a thin orange and green one (please check). i tried this and it came up saying "setup complete" happy days i thought but alas, it still didnt work. i went through every option but i cant get mine to work either so i contacted the seller and they offered me a partial refund. ive tried everything you have concering the acc wire and the canbus box but short of cutting each wire and trying them all which im not willing to do im also looking for a solution. 

#13 Lukasc

Lukasc

Little Megger

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 01:42 AM

To be honest, if it doesnt work then send it back and just buy an Eonon, Xtrons or pumpkin unit.

They all work, whereas its a gamble with the unbranded generic android units.

Sept 09 2.0TDCi 140 Zetec With Sport Pack, 18" Alloys, Privacy Glass and Factory Fit Park Sensors. Finished in Thunder Grey

Now With Retrofitted Convers+, Half Leather/Alcantara heated seats, Auto Wipers, Auto Lights, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, Folding Door Mirrors & Puddle Lights, Submarine Lighting

#14 sithmaull

sithmaull

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2008 titanium
  • Name:Thomas

Posted 08 November 2020 - 11:45 AM

i agree, i wish i had spent a bit more and got a working unit but then to me its a small price to pay to have to reach a little further to turn the volume down so ive given up trying to get my steering wheel controls working. The only reason i changed was my ford sony unit gave up reading and loading cds saying disc error. 

#15 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28977 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:54 PM

I rarely use my wheel controls, the stereo is right there.. Its not like your reaching down

on the floor or under the dash.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steering, wheel, controls, steering wheel, android, navigation, steering wheel controls, wheel controls problem, canbus, software

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users