dpf vaporiser checked for blockage + resistance tested ok
pump for vaporiser bench tested ok
visable wiring around pump and vaporiser checked, fuese + relays for pump checked ok
pump is receiving live but no earth signal
car suddenly won’t start
• Permanent feed going into relay = ok
• Trigger wire coming out of stop/start control module (the button). The feed is coming out and there is a feed coming in to the relay on PIN1 = ok.
• Checked main engine earth = ok
• Checked main chassis earth = ok
• It is not the relay that is at fault as this was swapped for another with the same configuration.
• Checked all fuses – not a feed problem, it is more of an earth problem
• Checked earths on Chassis rail = OK and clean
• What is missing from ECU there should be a “switched earth”. I was advised when the ignition is switched on / car started it should send on the engine management side a “switched earth” to the relay to say start. This earth is not there. If the “switched earth” cannot give the circuit an earth the components won’t work to send the feed down to the starter motor. This is not happening due to no “switched earth”.
• It is not felt to be an ECU fault and is either a wiring fault (corroded earth) somewhere or it is a connection problem somewhere
Any ideas what it could be?
Edited by beardyman, 15 October 2020 - 09:32 PM.