MCA - SP2015 upgrade? - Page 2 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

MCA - SP2015 upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Automatic1

Automatic1

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 287 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo 240PS

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:31 PM

Its pointless for you, not pointless for others.

I dont want to get into the car and begin working for the car, the car will work for me (auto pair, 4G LTE stick hidden, always gets updates).

These android units will last for your, from experience (current one have plenty of juice for years ahead).

Warranty is great and i have already tried warranty from Aliexpress and also, EONON even upgraded my unit to a better one for a small fee i paid (i shipped them back and paid another 100$ for an upgraded unit back in the days). 

Keep working for your car, that's important. 

Yeah, i also cant think of any advantage for the: waze, spotify, google maps, youtube premium, bluetooth, bluetooth music, reverse camera, video clips of music clips, parking apps, scanning apps... and all of them being updated and the android being updated as well.

Oh right, google voice assistant replacing the original non beneficial assistant, what a dream.
I can now set up schedule for my car, things for it to do for me in the morning using google schedule.
It will read the news, weather, maps, all that i want.

Yeah, you right.

So basically, navigation, music, reversing camera and Bluetooth as the rest of that list is just pointless garbage for driving a car.
All of that can be got from the stock nav unit on an mk4.5, and a basic aftermarket head unit will do most of it.

There are also had units half the price of your android unit that will do android mirroring so you have a nice easy stereo install that just works plus all of you're much-desired android features but with the processing power of a smartphone. Of which a Galaxy S9 (for example) has a better faster processor that gets upgraded every time I replace my phone.

And good luck with any warranty when shipping from China and Ali-Express

#12 stonekeeper

stonekeeper

TF regular

• Members
  • 664 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo titanium x
  • Name:Mark

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:03 PM

I dont want to get into the car and begin working for the car, the car will work for me (auto pair, 4G LTE stick hidden, always gets updates).

These android units will last for your, from experience (current one have plenty of juice for years ahead).

Warranty is great and i have already tried warranty from Aliexpress and also, EONON even upgraded my unit to a better one for a small fee i paid (i shipped them back and paid another 100$ for an upgraded unit back in the days). 

Yeah, i also cant think of any advantage for the: waze, spotify, google maps, youtube premium, bluetooth, bluetooth music, reverse camera, video clips of music clips, parking apps, scanning apps... and all of them being updated and the android being updated as well.

Oh right, google voice assistant replacing the original non beneficial assistant, what a dream.
I can now set up schedule for my car, things for it to do for me in the morning using google schedule.
It will read the news, weather, maps, all that i want.

Yeah, you right.

So basically, navigation, music, reversing camera and Bluetooth as the rest of that list is just pointless garbage for driving a car.
All of that can be got from the stock nav unit on an mk4.5, and a basic aftermarket head unit will do most of it.

There are also had units half the price of your android unit that will do android mirroring so you have a nice easy stereo install that just works plus all of you're much-desired android features but with the processing power of a smartphone. Of which a Galaxy S9 (for example) has a better faster processor that gets upgraded every time I replace my phone.

And good luck with any warranty when shipping from China and Ali-Express

How much is the Data contract a month for the stick?

#13 Automatic1

Automatic1

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 287 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

POPULAR

Our prices (israel) starts from 3$ for 1GB or you can just buy a regular data sim with 20-30GB for as low as 5.5$ a month. 

Of course, 1GB is just for Waze and basic things, digital radio Etc. 

At the end, it is all about the convenience and comfort. If whoever can afford himself these extremely high prices, why not? 

We have also programs with 150GB for just 8.5$ and 1000GB (1TB) with "unlimited" calls and free SMS and free youtube , whatsapp, Facebook Etc (its not counted on the 1TB) for just 20$ a month.

• stonekeeper likes this

#14 Mark M

Mark M

TF regular

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo 2.5t
  • Name:Mark

Posted Yesterday, 07:02 PM

Well, I've no idea what you mean by "work for your car" as I get in, start it, and drive. If I need weather or news I either get it from the TV at home or look out the window. I don't need to update anything as it just works, 1st time every time.

But the fact you've already had to use the warranty speaks volumes about it though.

RamAir Pod Filter   -   Elevate FST225 Top Pipe   -   Airtec FMIC   -   Scorpion Downpipe   -    Scorpion Cat Back Exhaust   -   ECV Valve   -   RS DMF + Clutch Kit   -   Bluefin Stage 2

Bluetooth + USB mod   -   Convers Mod   -   NX Mod

Sports Rear Diffuser   -   Sports Top Front Grill   -   Sports Bottom Front Grill   -   Sports Fog Lights   -   Sport Pedal Covers   -   Dark Ice Designs Auto Lift Boot Struts   -   Dark Ice Designs Bonnet Rams   -   Dark Ice Designs Short Shift Kit   -   Auto Mirror Mod   -   Interior LED Conversion   -   Nextbase 402 and 512 Dashcams

295bhp & 450nm of fun, but can still give 38mpg  :driving: 

#15 Automatic1

Automatic1

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 287 posts

Posted Today, 10:32 PM

Yeah i see, elderly issues (looking out the windows, TV at home), keep doing what is best for yourself, dont apply the same logic for others, you are old, that's fine, accept it. 

Regarding the warranty, i answered that i used Aliexpress warranty in general, not for any android unit, but for a different product, they good once you are right.

About EONON, i didn't had issues, i just asked them if they could upgrade my unit for an additional fee, they agreed. 

I have friends with EONON units for 4 years now, guess what? nothing. 

Sorry, your theory does not work this time, let's move next. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users