Ford galaxy takes few times to start! - Ford Galaxy Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Ford galaxy takes few times to start!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert0

Robert0

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Galaxy
  • Name:Rob

Posted 10 October 2020 - 11:08 AM

Hi all, ok here’s a non descriptive post but hopefully someone can help. I have a mk2 Ford Galaxy 2.0
This is a somewhat intermittent issue however of late has become worse. When trying to start the car it will turn over usually takes a few tries before it will start. Here’s the strange bit, when I turn it over it turns fine but won’t start first time. Turn it a couple of times and when you switch of the ignition to try again you’ll get a clunk sound, it will start every time after that clunk! I can’t put my finger on it? It’s like something has stuck from the previous drive and once you get that clunk boom starts straight away. Can anyone possibly point in the right direction of things to check or look for? Kind regards Rob

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28562 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:35 AM

Petrol or Diesel / Manual or Auto?  Which engine?

How long have you owned it?   Has it always been the same?

Fuel filter changed?  These often get missed on a service unless you specifically ask

for it to be changed.

Is it the same when the engine is hot or cold?  Does the weather have any effect, worse

on cold days or wet days etc?

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#3 Robert0

Robert0

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Galaxy
  • Name:Rob

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:19 AM

It’s a diesel, manual. Tdci 2 litre. 10 plate. I’ve owned it for a year and a half. It’s not always been like that and the fault can come and go. Weather doesn’t seem to play a roll in it nor engine temp. It was fully serviced before I bought it. Someone on one page I was reading described a very similar fault to mine. He was told possibly the engine air shut off control valve, I can find the part to buy but can’t locate it on the actual engine (embarrassing) thank you for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users