LOW FUEL ECONOMY, HIGH EMISSIONS. - Ford Fiesta Mk1 / Mk2 / Mk3 Forum - (1976-1995) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

LOW FUEL ECONOMY, HIGH EMISSIONS.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jilly

Jilly

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:FIESTA MK3
  • Name:JILL

Posted 03 October 2020 - 02:37 PM

I have a 1995 ford fiesta mk3 1.1 cfi and every year i struggle with the emissions at MOT time and i have very bad fuel economy.

The engine seems to run perfectly and i have done all routine maintenance including changing several sensors to new ones to see if that is the issue.

I have changed the map sensor, the O2 sensor, the coolant temperature sensor, plugs, plug wires etc.

The cfi injector seems to be working fine, i can`t find anywhere to buy a replacement if it wasn`t..

Best i can tell, i have no obvious vacuum leaks.

The air intake temperature sensor seems to work fine, but i can`t find any info on what the resistance should be on it for my model, its currently reading 36k ohms at 20 degrees celsius, but have no idea if that is within spec.

Clearly the car is running too rich, but i am at a loss of what to do next to try and solve the issue.

Any suggestions gladly accepted.

Edited by Jilly, 03 October 2020 - 02:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users