2008 mondeo diesel dashboard problem - Electrical (Mk4 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

2008 mondeo diesel dashboard problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stevebs58

stevebs58

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2.0tdci auto
  • Name:Steve Seeney

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:00 PM

I am familiar with instrument cluster problems having already replaced one however I have a new problem that I am not sure if it is the cluster or not and have not been able to find an answer within the forums.

Whilst driving I experience intermittent total instrument power failure simultaneously with loss of display on the climate control and the steering wheel control illumination, this lasts from a few seconds up to a few minutes. the instruments lose all the dials digital screen and illumination and I also appear to lose the indicators although this may be just because the repeater on the dash and the audible click has also stopped working.

This seems more like a  power supply/canbus? problem.

I do not want to replace the instrument cluster again if the problem actually lies elsewhere. Does anyone have any experience of this issue or suggestions on how to diagnose without getting a garage to start replacing parts one by one.

I have also replaced the battery within the last 12 months.

#2 TheAntman

TheAntman

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Sport
  • Name:Tony Ford

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:02 AM

Sounds to me like you are having general connectivity issues. Could even be a connector somewhere not fully plugged in (I had something similar with another vehicle a few years ago. The stereo just died. When I took it out to inspect, I found that one of the connectors had come out)

#3 gjovano011

gjovano011

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk4. 1.8TDCi
  • Name:Goran

Posted 03 October 2020 - 09:06 AM

Hi,

Same problem on my mondeo MK4, 2009, 1.8TDCi,

my IPC (panel) and HVAC are dead. Car start regularly, everything works but no signalization.

I check CAN-bus resistance on OBDII connector, cca 150 Ohm. Correct is 60 Ohm.

Release IPC connector, CanBus resistance is 0 Ohm? Is this correct?

Pull connector again, "shake a little" connector on IPC and everything works fine.... but not for a long time. Problem persist. Car work good.

How can I find wiring diagram? Does anyone have idea what to do?

#4 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 C Max 1.6TDCi
  • Name:Mike

Posted 03 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

Try dismantling the connector to check for corrosion or loose connection/ broken wire.

#5 gjovano011

gjovano011

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:26 AM

I

Try dismantling the connector to check for corrosion or loose connection/ broken wire.

Ido this all. Dismount IPC, resolder all pin. Problem persist.

I check Pinpoint test AI (PINPOINT TEST AI : FAULTY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN THE MODULES - MM CAN BUS), and must to "LOCATE and RECTIFY the break in circuit VDB14F (VT/GY) between soldered connection SP353 and DLC with the aid of the the Wiring Diagrams. CHECK system operates correctly".

I do not know where is SP353 (and SP348), please if somebody know position of this SP I would be grateful.

#6 gjovano011

gjovano011

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:16 PM

Any idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users