Urgent help needed smax not starting - Ford S-Max Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Urgent help needed smax not starting

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Richardb84

Richardb84

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:S-max 2.0tdci
  • Name:Richard

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:51 PM

I recently bought a 2006 smax 2.0tdci and the first day I had it it drove fine, left it over night on an incline with front facing up went to start it in the morning and it fired up then cut out and wouldn’t start again. 

called rac out they plugged it in code came up p00087 fuel pressure control valve, he told me it was a generic code and that the issue was most likely the in tank electric fuel pump/sender as no fuel was coming up. Since then I have replaced the electric pump and the fuel pressure regulator but the car still won’t fire up no fuel is coming up from the tank. My mechanic is now saying the code says about low pressure at the fuel pressure rail, ive order a new fuel rail sensor but need to know if there could be anything else causing the issue? 
all fuses have been checked, in tank pump replaced and regulator replaced. My mechanic doesn’t think it’s the actual high pressure pump.

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

#2 tfwhite

tfwhite

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:55 PM

Did you bleed the fuel system once you got new pump on to get rid of air and make sure there was fuel getting through?
This is first step that your fuel is coming from tank to the fuel filter. I have a little hand vac pump to get fuel there but with an electric pump in tank should do it’s self but if using car pump make sure you have something to catch fuel as it will go everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tfwhite, 23 September 2020 - 04:00 PM.

#3 Richardb84

Richardb84

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:01 PM

I will check with the mechanic but I’m sure he has. All he said Was fitted new pump but still no fuel coming up from the tank and it’s got just over 1/4 a tank 

#4 tfwhite

tfwhite

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:06 PM

If no fuel coming from tank and it has pump in tank then there’s a blockage or pump not working really you just do it step by step
Fuel needs to come up from tank all other faults will be showing as no fuel coming up.

once fuel gets to the high pressure pump the engine takes care of itself

Your faults will show low rail pressure etc... as there’s no fuel going to it.

Surely your mechanic would of got fuel up to filter before changing fuel rail?

#5 Richardb84

Richardb84

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:06 PM

When I first had the problem I used a hand primer pump and got fuel from the tank to come up but when all connected the electric pump in the tank won’t send the fuel up I’ve replaced that pump and it still won’t send fuel up

#6 tfwhite

tfwhite

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:08 PM

I wonder if it’s an immobiliser fault as on diesels there’s not much they can immobilise ? You need to check power to the pump then see if power is getting to it when ignition on with 12v tester

#7 Richardb84

Richardb84

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:11 PM

Ok I’ll check with my mechanic and tell him what you’ve said.  It really is a pain 

#8 tfwhite

tfwhite

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:13 PM

Good luck let me know how you get on. But if it is a power issue go to an auto electrician they will be more help.

#9 Richardb84

Richardb84

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:35 PM

I will let you thank you for your help

#10 tfwhite

tfwhite

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:37 PM

One last thought! Does your s-max need ad-blue as car won’t start without it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users