2017 Kuga Aux/lighter sockets - Ford Kuga Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

2017 Kuga Aux/lighter sockets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 mondeo zetec
  • Name:Peter

Posted 21 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

hi.

Not my car so please bear with me. a friend has just collected a 2017 Kuga today. they have a dashcam which they DONT want hard wired. I assumed it would be like my Mondeo where you get out of the car, lock it, walk away and everything shuts off after 20 mins or so. they have been out to the car after around 25 mins and the lighter socket is still live. is this normal? theyre plugging it into the lighter socket behind the gearstick, near the EPB switch area.

is there one that shuts off with the ignition/when the car shuts off? it saves the trouble of risking it flattening the battery or being forgot to be plugged in!

any help greatfully accepted.

Thanks in advance

Edited by turbopete1, 21 September 2020 - 06:56 PM.

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 29202 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:34 PM

Did they walk upto the car with the keys/fob by any chance? It would have

unlocked and activated the socket again.

Have they checked the fusebox to see if its a dual slot like some other fords?

3 pins, one pin live with the ignition, one live 24/7. Probably need to leave it

longer than 20 minutes. Takes a little while for everything to turn off before the

battery saver kicks in and times 20 minutes.

AC fans can spin after the engine is off on some cars and the heater flaps can

move also.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#3 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:39 AM

no they left the keys in the house to check, and im 99% certain (as dad has an identical 2019 car) that you have to grab the handle to unlock it etc anyhow.

theyre not mechanically minded and literally only collected the car at 11am yesterday so they havent had much chance to look around. there does seem to be conflicting info as some sources say the sockets are wired direct to the battery via the fuse, but the odd one or 2 say they go off after around 15-20 mins.

i know the heater flaps move on the mondeo as i hear them regularly on my car, but never stayed in a kuga long enough. i will have to look at the fuses possibly (or they may opt to live with the idea that they stay on permanently as most sources seem to claim) at some point when i find the appropriate fuses/fusebox to chack. presumably its a case of moving the fuse from 1 set of slots to the other if they do have ignition feed/permanent feed options?

#4 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 3015 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 C Max 1.6TDCi
  • Name:Mike

Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:18 PM

The manual is not specific as to the power being live for a period after switching off but in all the Fords I've had the aux socket goes off after 15-20 mins. My dash cam is plugged into one and that goes off as stated and I've not had any problems with a flat battery so far.

Edited by mike4369, 22 September 2020 - 01:28 PM.

#5 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:44 PM

The manual is not specific as to the power being live for a period after switching off but in all the Fords I've had the aux socket goes off after 15-20 mins. My dash cam is plugged into one and that goes off as stated and I've not had any problems with a flat battery so far.

this one was left for more than long enough to shut down. my Mondeo would have shut down well before that time. 20 mins used to be the norm for the mondeo (its gone down a bit since is battery old now, possibly the original to the car) so id assume that the Kuga would be similar, and it was left for a generous 25 mins.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users