Head Unit problem - Page 2 - In-Car Entertainment (Mk3 Mondeo) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Head Unit problem

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 turbopete1

turbopete1

TF regular

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 mondeo zetec
  • Name:Peter

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:38 PM

does the mk3 have control modules in the doors that the speaker feeds run through? ive heard of some stereo systems that will only function properly with multiples of 2 (equal numbers left and right) speakers connected and working, or they go almost silent, to prevent overloading one channel on the amp circuit and the fact that banging the speaker area can bring it back on made me think of an issue in the door module. i could be way off, but just a thought.

#12 Rekusu

Rekusu

Megger

• Members
  • 1951 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk3 Mondeo, TDCI

Posted 23 September 2020 - 05:26 PM

POPULAR

Don't think the MK3 is that sophisticated.  When I have been investigating inside the door, can't see any modules.

But I have exchanged the rear door following a fender bender, and certainly there was nothing electronic inside, just the wires from the door edge connection to the speaker.

• turbopete1 likes this
What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

#13 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mk3 Forum Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 28556 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK4.5 TDCI 140

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:50 AM

Wires direct to the speakers and wires for the mirror and doorlock. Nothing else

in the ones i have taken apart.

MK4.5 TDCI 140 Business Estate.

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE .... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

ForDiag now available to victims.

#14 Steve_v6

Steve_v6

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk3 mondeo 2.5L v6
  • Name:Steve

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:20 AM

POPULAR

does the mk3 have control modules in the doors that the speaker feeds run through? ive heard of some stereo systems that will only function properly with multiples of 2 (equal numbers left and right) speakers connected and working, or they go almost silent, to prevent overloading one channel on the amp circuit and the fact that banging the speaker area can bring it back on made me think of an issue in the door module. i could be way off, but just a thought.

Control modules?

As purple said , there's nothing but wires to the speakers, I've ripped out the original junk from two mk3's now but I'm interested in what you mean as I'm into car audio and have never heard that term before.

Edited by Steve_v6, 26 September 2020 - 01:23 AM.

• mike4369 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users