Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Duratec HE - engine temp sensor location

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  st tdci 
#1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone advise where the engine temp sensor(s) are located on the 2.0 Duratec please? I'm not sure if there's a single one or more than that.

The reason I ask is that the temp gauge in the instrument cluster never moves position. It's the Mk4.5 - so it's hidden in one of the menus. It always shows the same, even when stone cold or hot. I know that in some cars there is one sensor for the ECU and another for the cluster & im not sure which the Mondeo uses.

Thanks - Rob

#3 ·
Gotcha, thanks very much.

In that case, what's the sensor that sits vertically (as you open the bonnet & look in) to the lower left - on top of the power steering pump?

Ive determined that my temp gauge is actually working, but as the temp display in the converse only has About 4 or 5 steps then it effectively shows "normal" very soon after starting up. The temp is displayed perfectly when shown on the Car Scanner App with my Bluetooth dongle.

So, all sorted, other than now not knowing what the other sensor is for.

Cheers - Rob

#5 ·
Another sensor to tell you the steerings failed just in case you don't

notice the very heavy steering when it fails. :)

Or it can detect the pressure and adjust it to make it lighter at lower speeds

and heavier at higher speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.