Lambda Sensor Advice - Ford Fiesta Mk6 & Fusion (UK Model) Forum - (2002-2008) - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Lambda Sensor Advice

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tmj9815

tmj9815

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Fiesta 1.4
  • Name:John Smith

Posted 12 September 2020 - 01:23 PM

Hi, looking for advise please. The car is a 2008 Mk6 1.4 petrol Ford Fiesta.  Earlier this year the engine management light came on so into the garage it went and we were told the lambda sensor needed replacing.  Two weeks later the engine management light came on again. Back to the garage and we were told that the wrong sensor had been fitted and now replaced with the correct one.  After a week of driving the car once warmed up would lose power for a few seconds whilst going through the gears and from the stop position would feel like it was going to stall and then POW, would have instant power.  Back to the same garage, explained what it was like to drive, so they took it in and said it was the fuel filter. They had taken it off and it was filthy so replaced it.  Again, the car still had the same problem, and the garage was at a loss to say what the problem was. So instead of taking the car back and forth to the garage, I looked on these forums looking for advice.  I replaced the spark plugs, the HT leads, the coil pack and today I've just replaced the MAF sensor. Nothing has worked.  I took the car for a test drive with the new MAF sensor fitted and to my annoyance, the same problem started half way down the motorway once the car had warmed up.  So I took the next action after reading some comments on the internet.  I pulled off the motorway and disconnected the lambda sensor.  I drove back onto the motorway, drove it sensibly, the drive was smooth, no loss of power/jerking.  I was gobsmacked. Pulled off the motorway, reconnected the lambda sensor, started the car and drove off and immediately loss of power then POW, loads of power, and the same back on the motorway going through the gears. Repeated this three times, disconnected/reconnected, and each time the car drove okay with a disconnected lambda sensor.

So the problem I think lies with this new lambda sensor. The car will go back to the garage on Friday.  My question is, can the car be driven to and from work Monday to Thursday this week without the sensor connected, on the motorway, some fifty mile round trip? Will this cause problems with the engine?

Thank you for taking time to read this. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users