Emergency contacts won't save - Ford SYNC Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Emergency contacts won't save

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1542 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Gary

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:23 PM

Anyone else have a problem with emergency contacts not saving? Every time I set them, next day, they've gone.

Have sync 3.4. Didn't have 3.3 for long on a new van, so I don't know if it did it before the update. I've tried numerous master resets

Thanks

2008 2.0 TDCI Ghia Auto in Kelp
18" alloys, full biscuit leather,8 way electric climate seats, sunroof, NX nav, voice, keyless start, F & R PDC, TPMS, privacy glass
Mods.
Facelift convers+. Rear door roller blinds. Rear footwell lights. Rear Ambient lighting. USB, bluetooth & BT streaming. Memory drivers seat and mirrors. Auto folding mirrors with indicators. Door warning lights front and rear. Variable heated rear seats. PTC electric heater. Facelift front and rear bumpers and bonnet with DRLs and  headlight washers. Facelift tailgate and rear LED lights. 
Keyless Entry. Power child locks, Cooled glove box, Air Quality Sensor, Facelift MCA2 with 9 speakers, DAB and Ford rear view camera. Facelift upper and centre console trims and upper door panel trims in walnut.
Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Alert & Hill Launch Assist. Xenon Lights. Interactive Vehicle Dynamic Control. Electric Park Brake, Rear Seat Entertainment, 13 pin Detachable Tow Bar and Module 

Photos in Gallery

#2 mondeonz

mondeonz

Member-at-Large, Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk5 TDCI

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:50 PM

YES :(

Same on mine... you enter both emergency contacts and it saves them for a short while and then they disappear. I gave up on entering them...

It was the same on SYNC 3.3 and it's the same on the SYNC 3.4.

Another very annoying thing is the ABC vs. QWERTY keyboard setting on NAV.

It always defaults back to ABC keyboard layout, so every time before entering an address into "search", I have to change keyboard layout 1st  :mad:

Edited by mondeonz, 09 September 2020 - 03:51 PM.

Mondeo Mk3    | 09/2005 | 2.0 TDCi 130 | Turnier Carving (+CH), DuraShift 5-tronic, Diamond White
Mondeo Mk4.5 | 06/2011 | 2.0 TDCi 163 | Wagon ZETEC (+AUS), PowerShift, Panther Black

Mondeo Mk5    | 05/2017 | 2.0 TDCi 180 | Wagon TITANIUM (+AUS), PowerShift, Blazer Blue

Focus Mk3        | 09/2012 | 1.6 Ti-VCT 125 | Hatch Ambiente (+AUS), 5-speed manual, Ingot Silver

#3 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1542 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:02 PM

Thank you.

Nice to know I'm not the only one then. 

I didn't know you could change the keyboard layout in nav settings  :huh:   Have to have a look at that

18" alloys, full biscuit leather,8 way electric climate seats, sunroof, NX nav, voice, keyless start, F & R PDC, TPMS, privacy glass
Mods.
Facelift convers+. Rear door roller blinds. Rear footwell lights. Rear Ambient lighting. USB, bluetooth & BT streaming. Memory drivers seat and mirrors. Auto folding mirrors with indicators. Door warning lights front and rear. Variable heated rear seats. PTC electric heater. Facelift front and rear bumpers and bonnet with DRLs and  headlight washers. Facelift tailgate and rear LED lights. 
Keyless Entry. Power child locks, Cooled glove box, Air Quality Sensor, Facelift MCA2 with 9 speakers, DAB and Ford rear view camera. Facelift upper and centre console trims and upper door panel trims in walnut.
Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Alert & Hill Launch Assist. Xenon Lights. Interactive Vehicle Dynamic Control. Electric Park Brake, Rear Seat Entertainment, 13 pin Detachable Tow Bar and Module 

Photos in Gallery

#4 HC56

HC56

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 05:57 PM

Thank you.

I didn't know you could change the keyboard layout in nav settings :huh: Have to have a look at that

Worth a try saving them with the prefix “ICE”...Recognised standard for all mobile networks & first place emergency services are told to look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1542 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

Thank you.

I didn't know you could change the keyboard layout in nav settings :huh: Have to have a look at that

Worth a try saving them with the prefix “ICE”...Recognised standard for all mobile networks & first place emergency services are told to look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I do do. For one of them anyway

Mods.

Photos in Gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users