Kuga PHEV - Ford Kuga Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Kuga PHEV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gregs24

gregs24

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mustang

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:15 PM

I've just tested (and ordered) a Kuga PHEV. Very impressed by the driving experience which is seamless. Compared to the 190PS diesel it is significantly quicker and quieter. Feels well built and comfortable with a good ride / handling balance on the 19" wheels and ST Line X sport suspension.

Electric only is perfect for around town and even in normal mode with a charged battery it stays in battery only around town. Engine joins in seamlessly and provides a pseudo gear shift even though it is a CVT. Little of the normal CVT elastic band type feeling with the engine revving.

The car had only done 500 miles and had averaged 75mpg over it's life so far. 

We have solar panels so will charge the car during the day pretty much for free (the panels paid for themselves years ago) 35 mile electric range seems entirely possible. We used 12 miles of electric range on a 19 mile trip and the engine wasn't on very much.

#2 allthemondeos

allthemondeos

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4.5 Mondeo
  • Name:Noel

Posted 20 September 2020 - 06:05 PM

Good to hear, especially about the lack of CVT whine. I test drove the Mondeo Hybrid, wasn't impressed. Waiting for a test drive of the Kuga now, not sure if I'd drive a Kuga (although there is a black ST-Line X in the dealer that looks mean) but I am interested in the power train, it will presumably appear on other Ford's. I'm currently waiting for Ford to fix whatever recall is on them before taking one.
Black 5dr 2012 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi 163PS Powershift

#3 Arkwright

Arkwright

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2020 Kuga PHEV
  • Name:Tony Harte

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:55 AM

Folks, regards the battery problem with the PHEV model and the recall notice I am finding it difficult to get any definite timeline from Ford as to when the problem will be fixed.In the meantime the vehicle can not be charged and can only be driven in the standard mode. This is unsatisfactory, affects the economy of the vehicle, seems no end in site. I wonder does anyone else know any more or have any definite information. The recall affects 35,000 vehicles Europe wide as I understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users