Grand C Max Steering noise - Ford C-Max Forum - TalkFord.com

TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

Photo

Grand C Max Steering noise

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rumpleforeskin

rumpleforeskin

Megger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:07 PM

Evening all

Yesterday my Grand C Max (2015 1.0 EcoBoost) developed a knocking noise when turning the steering when cold. The knocking stops after a minute or two of driving and will not return until the car has sat for a few hours.

I had the wife operate the steering while I looked under the car and was expecting some play in the track rod end but the noise is coming from the center of the car so I'm suspecting an issue with the steering gear itself.

I need to get the pan off for a good look where the sound is coming from but with my other commitments, it will have to wait until the weekend.

I assume the electric power steering is basically a single unit with no replaceable parts (rack, pinion, motor, and sensors) and would be quite pricey to replace?

Does anyone have any experience of EPS issues on these cars? Using my best Google-Fu failed to find anything so I'm not thinking this is a common issue.

So if anyone has any recommendations of what would be a probable cause or any recommendations for good quality aftermarket spares I'd be very glad to hear from you.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users